Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody know where a fella could get an oil cap for a 621? Managed to snap mine off...
It's a large family of Jonsereds that have this same cap. 621/801/80/90 etc. In a pinch, you can use a threaded plumbing plug/cap.

Yrs ago I was curious why a US plumbing plug/cap would work on these saws. The thread pitch & type for a metric plumbing application are very close. And since it's not a very precise type of thread, the US plugs work.

Kevin

It's a large family of Jonsereds that have this same cap. 621/801/80/90 etc. In a pinch, you can use a threaded plumbing plug/cap.

Yrs ago I was curious why a US plumbing plug/cap would work on these saws. The thread pitch & type for a metric plumbing application are very close. And since it's not a very precise type of thread, the US plugs work.

Kevin
Don't forget the oil caps and fuel caps are the same for the 49SP through the 50, 51, 52/52E, 521E , 66E and 70E as well as what you posted.

Don't forget the oil caps and fuel caps are the same for the 49SP through the 50, 51, 52/52E, 521E , 66E and 70E as well as what you posted.
That's why I said "etc.".....so hopefully, you'd fill in the blanks.......lol!

I mostly know the larger cc Jonserds saws, beyond the 621......but I do own a 621.

Kevin

Kevin
Appreciate it! I've been hunting for any one of those, I'm not huge on the idea of using a plumbing plug, just because it looks like dogsh*t but in a pinch that works! Too bad nobody has 3d printed some yet haha
Thanks guys!

Lucas

That's why I said "etc.".....so hopefully, you'd fill in the blanks.......lol!

I mostly know the larger cc Jonserds saws, beyond the 621......but I do own a 621.

Kevin
Yep the caps are all the same on the Pro saws...........except on the 49SP, though the cap itself is the same they eliminated the chain .....another cost savings for the price point "Semi Pro"!!!!! LOL!!

Appreciate it! I've been hunting for any one of those, I'm not huge on the idea of using a plumbing plug, just because it looks like dogsh*t but in a pinch that works! Too bad nobody has 3d printed some yet haha
Thanks guys!

Lucas
I had a very 'well seasoned', I think 80 carcass with the pipe plug. Obviously from the look of it, the PO had used the plug for a long time. I figured the threads would be trashed.....they weren't. Correct J'reds cap fit in there as it should.

If you can't find one let me know. Your searches will be less limited if you use your own chain and keeper.

Kevin

504 11 09-00 = cap. The retainer/chain, and spring washer are 2 separate part #'s. I found , in 10 mins., that the part #'s (3), are common to 23 other Jonsered models. Cease using the 621 reference. Go the the part number. They are abundant on eBay! Good Luck, and Happy Easter All! Capt. B. BaBart
Thanks for the help!

504 11 09-00 = cap. The retainer/chain, and spring washer are 2 separate part #'s. I found , in 10 mins., that the part #'s (3), are common to 23 other Jonsered models. Cease using the 621 reference. Go the the part number. They are abundant on eBay! Good Luck, and Happy Easter All! Capt. B. Bart
Alas as I thought earlier, none in stock online that I can find. I was using the right part number before, I figured it might be easier if someone knew someone parting out a saw
Thanks anyhow, and happy Easter

Lucas

'Nuther nice looking old rig........be interesting to see what it goes for....pretty nice example.......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4042360642...vFEVBsZrznfq30a/+4cOLEGgrS|tkp:Bk9SR56W697rYQ
And yet another filthy saw. Is there just no incentive to clean up a saw before listing it??? Is that supposed to make it look 'tough' and 'ready for action'?

Looks to be all there....have not found any anomalies. Muffler has the usual cave-in. Honestly, I think someone goes around with a mallet and hits old mufflers.....

Kevin

'Nuther nice looking old rig........be interesting to see what it goes for....pretty nice example.......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4042360642...vFEVBsZrznfq30a/+4cOLEGgrS|tkp:Bk9SR56W697rYQ
Wow......already @$360 with 19 bids! Since most people won't/can't pay $1,000+ for the antiquated 111/111S, I guess this is the next big-dawg line to collect.

I don't know how I feel about that. Ultimately, we're probably gonna have to sell these Jonsereds as they'll get so valuable. On the other hand, I'm still using them and this makes parts problematic.......just like what happened with the Husky 2100. I didn't want that to happen with my big Jonsereds so I pack ratted parts.....but nothing to the extent you did.;)

Kevin

Back