Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL ... it was a sweet ride home!

20 Homelites in all. One big old blue bugger that I saw a picture of somewhere on here recently. That one will likely be up for a restoration.

Most of what is left are parts saws, but there are a few completes left as well. Maybe I will find that 490 handle for you from this batch, but I will not know until next weekend when I go back for the rest.

The weekend after that I go to a different place where an ex-Jonsereds dealer has a pile of saws for me and 2 binders full of manuals and IPLs.

That handle may show up sooner rather than later.

:cheers:

Manuals and IPL's are a haul in itself. :cheers:

My latest acquisitions:

ChainsawBonanza-Jonsereds1.jpg

2 - 510SP (should make one runner easy)
2 - 621 (one looks like a runner, one is just a case)
1 - 70E
1 - 80
1 - 670
1 - 670 Champ
3 - M36 (not sure if they'll run, but all look complete)

I predict that most of these will be runners (1 - 510SP and 1 - 621 likely will not).

These came a part of a "lot" of saws. I brought home one truck load (8' box) and will go back next weekend for the rest. Most of the rest are cases and parts boxes.

It was a great day for Jonsereds!

Jealous! That is a great score to say the least. You doubled your JRed stash in a day. :cheers:

Just left the Pioneer thread, looks like he got about 20 of those as well...How big of a truck do you have!:cheers:

A while back I found a couple of johnny's in a barn while I was checking a model T that was on a property that I was cutting some pine on. They were sitting in a round tub surrounded by a bunch heap of junk (treasure for some)
more pics later,

Cheers
will

Jredsssssss!!!!!!!!!

CJCOCN--------------------------??????? I just don't know what to say.

I thank CAD has visited you BAD (or good!!!)

That is certainly a big haul especially if you're going after another load!!

You'll probably have to build on a piece to your shop just for dry storage.

Looks like you have some projects in your future.

Cool score-----My problem would be which one to start with????:yourock::yourock::yourock::greenchainsaw:

A while back I found a couple of johnny's in a barn while I was checking a model T that was on a property that I was cutting some pine on. They were sitting in a round tub surrounded by a bunch heap of junk (treasure for some)
more pics later,

Cheers
will

Those are some OLD Jreds!!! Can't really tell from the pics but they seem to be fairly complete. Did you aquire them? They would really look great restored. Sweet!!!:cheers:

more pics later,

Cheers
will

Those look like a couple of XDs. Sweet find!

Did you scoop those up? When you say, "more pics later," I figure that you did and am looking forward to those pics!

CJCOCN--------------------------??????? I just don't know what to say.

I thank CAD has visited you BAD (or good!!!)

That is certainly a big haul especially if you're going after another load!!

You'll probably have to build on a piece to your shop just for dry storage.

Looks like you have some projects in your future.

Cool score-----My problem would be which one to start with????:yourock::yourock::yourock::greenchainsaw:

lol .... Maybe I am in denial, but I don't think I have CAD - I just like chainsaws, especially old ones, and I really like the older Jonsereds.

I am trying to figure out where I can build some shelving to hold these saws, and may end up building a separate building for them.

I may start with the 80 and get that one running, and then move on to the 70E. I have some old Pioneers (RA, HC, 450, 600, 650, 700, etc) that I want to restore as well, plus there is an old Homelite that would look good restored. I think that one is a 4-20, but I only got a quick look at it.

I have enough projects to last me for quite a while and I still have to go and see another guy in 2 weeks who is an ex-Jonsereds dealer. I don't know that I'll need anymore saws after that as my project total will be quite high. :dizzy:

I snagged a couple of more today.

4 - 621s that are mostly complete. The fourth one is missing both the recoil and clutch covers. I figure that I am set up pretty good for parts on the 621s now, and may strip one down for a complete restoration.

The same guy that sold me the 621s is bringing me a box of parts tomorrow. I am not sure what the box will hold or how big it is, but every little bit helps.

1 - 801 (that's right, PlantBio - I finally found one! :D). I pick this up on the weekend, which does mean that I travel an extra 2 hours, but this may be the only 801 that I can get without needing airfare. It is a runner that looks to be in very good shape according to the seller (i.e. the "previous owner" ;)).

lol .... Maybe I am in denial, but I don't think I have CAD - I just like chainsaws, especially old ones, and I really like the older Jonsereds.

I am trying to figure out where I can build some shelving to hold these saws, and may end up building a separate building for them.

I may start with the 80 and get that one running, and then move on to the 70E. I have some old Pioneers (RA, HC, 450, 600, 650, 700, etc) that I want to restore as well, plus there is an old Homelite that would look good restored. I think that one is a 4-20, but I only got a quick look at it.

I have enough projects to last me for quite a while and I still have to go and see another guy in 2 weeks who is an ex-Jonsereds dealer. I don't know that I'll need anymore saws after that as my project total will be quite high. :dizzy:

He's going to build a separate building to store saws he's picked up, and he doesn't think he has CAD...now that's my kind of guy!

Mark

Jonsered 80 info

I just aquired my dad's old silvertop 80. It's a strong runner, and I'm planning on putting a 27 inch bar on it. I'm looking for info on the saw (displacement, hp, etc) as I don't have the manual. Any help you guys could give me would be great! -Mike

Last edited:
Yup, got em, still haven't done much with em yet, just took one partially apart to check it out, then shelved it for now, they can wait, got too many others that need attention for racing purposes.

The first one is has its jonsered bar on it, haven't looked into the chain much. both are dirty on the outside but places like where the points are are clean. Interesting set up where the fuel tanks are pressurised form the crank case for the fuel delivery. they are going to be neat thing to run in time.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cheers
Will

Last edited:
Yes they are XD's

The second one was set up with a post hole borer on it, no markings on the attachment that I can find to determine who made it. The guy who owned them said, "yes, they worked, but sloooowwww"
attachment.php

attachment.php

Chers
Will

Yes they are XD's

The second one was set up with a post hole borer on it, no markings on the attachment that I can find to determine who made it. The guy who owned them said, "yes, they worked, but sloooowwww"
attachment.php

attachment.php

Chers
Will

Those are an excellent find!! The second one is a sweet wood drill!! Be super to restore!! Good luck

Latest posts

Back