Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone post a pic of how the av under the clutch cover on the 910e full wrap bolts on ?
I think have it correctly but just wanna be sure .
Thanks
Ernie

Ernie....hope this helps. I haven't decided which 910 I have to make whole yet, so no mount on this one yet. But the 801/80/90 and the 910 terminate the same where the A/V unobtainium mount is as pictured. The thread hole in the saw body can strip out over time....in which case you just poke a longer bolt through and use a nut. Not a lot of thread turns in that hole. Or, you could put a longer bolt through the hole and nut it anyway....before it strips.

Attachments

• 80 and 910.jpg
    80 and 910.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 80 mount.jpg
    80 mount.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 80 mount cloesup.jpg
    80 mount cloesup.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 910 closeup.jpg
    910 closeup.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 1
Ernie....hope this helps. I haven't decided which 910 I have to make whole yet, so no mount on this one yet. But the 801/80/90 and the 910 terminate the same where the A/V unobtainium mount is as pictured.
That's perfect....I was gonna put mine on upside down .
I'm was thinking the bolts went from the top down and not from the bottom up .
Thanks very much !
Ernie

I’m putting the jonsered 670 half wrap back on. If someone might be interested in this full wrap for their jonsered or possibly your husky with a hole drilled on side and maybe cut off on side too. Might let go. Just going on shelf.
Also has my redneck made bracket and longer fasteners needed. Plus I used a spike to make a strong inner brace deal for both fasteners to go through first to strengthen.
Message if interested.

Wow SOLD already on FB group.

jfwx.jpgjfwxx.jpgjfwxxx.jpgjfwxxxxx.jpgjfwxxxx.jpg

I hate Facebook.....but if I was really looking for some unobtainium part, I'd post on their Jonsered page in addition to other sources I have.

I had to get an app that specifically removed the Facebook people from tracking me all over the Internet.

Kevin

On the Jonsereds aluminum full-wraps, the subcontractor here used some kind of black paint, maybe anodized.....I dunno. It's was very thin on there and all of mine is worn away. The smaller diameter steel full-wraps have the grip shrink stuff, plus some black paint on the metal.

The full wraps in the larger aluminum for the 801/80/90 are pretty rare. I only have the one. The steel full-wraps for the 910 seem to be out there if you look hard enough......I have one of those too. I also have a full-wrap for the 2094. I hope everyone east of here hates full-wraps on old Jonsereds so they are available to us again someday.....;)

Kevin

I’m putting the jonsered 670 half wrap back on. If someone might be interested in this full wrap for their jonsered or possibly your husky with a hole drilled on side and maybe cut off on side too. Might let go. Just going on shelf.
Also has my redneck made bracket and longer fasteners needed. Plus I used a spike to make a strong inner brace deal for both fasteners to go through first to strengthen.
Message if interested.

Wow SOLD already on FB group.

Yeah, the full wraps for the 670 are not real common. Jonsered did not have the presence out west that they had in the east. Most of the full wraps I've seen for them have been on the Cutters Edge fire saws.

Scotsco of Portland, OR was the only place I knew where you could buy Jonsereds saws in the PNW. The dealer networks were very slow to form until well after after Electrolux Group AB bought the company. If you wanted one, you had to go out of your way to get one.

I never saw a pro J'reds until I moved to CO in like '80. And that was at a dealer in Montrose. I still have his business card.....lol!

Kevin

I saw this listed on craigslist in northern Vermont. It's a Raket 52. I've seen a Raket 50, but nothing newer. Being so close to the border I'm wondering if this came from Canada. Any thoughts?View attachment 975548
I've not seen a Raket 52 either. Perhaps you're right it coming from Canada or perhaps Sweden directly.

Can you trust that sticker, or does the saw look 'correct'?

Kevin
The saw looks honest, and the seller just calls it a Jonsereds. Here is the post:

"I have some Jonsered chain saws for sale model 49 & 52 in good working cond. I also have some for parts. Best offer . I am posting for another person if interested call them direct......."

The saw looks honest, and the seller just calls it a Jonsereds. Here is the post:

"I have some Jonsered chain saws for sale model 49 & 52 in good working cond. I also have some for parts. Best offer . I am posting for another person if interested call them direct......."
Magnus the Swede could probably field a question like this over on his collectors site.

Kevin

I stumbled across a mislabeled (or mis-pictured) listing on ebay if anybody is trying to hunt down an air filter for the 820/830/920/930 with the single-bolt top. Not the cheapest, but I'm sure it's worth it to the right guy. I almost bought it, but the ones I have are still in great shape.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/392246720826

I've paid near $30 for those round 80/621 flocked AF's......NOS like in the link.

I've repaired tiny splits and holes in nylon mesh filters with clear nail polish. Never had it fail over time. Clean the filter just as you would normally.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back