Jonsered Turbo 2094

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dangit, Holmen...now I want one!!!

(I mean....now I want one more...)

Nice job...thanks for the posts!

attachment.php

final page.

Thanks for posting that review Holmen ! very nice

I agree with Jacob we need a new chainsaw age magazine !!:greenchainsaw:

You are very much welcome, I had fun doing it and at the same time figured out more on my computer. Yes I agree with Jacob too, we need a magazine like this again. In 1991 when we had no computers like today paper magazines and faxs were all we had. How did we do it?

Thanks so much for putting forth the efforts, for our viewing pleasure.:clap:

attachment.php

I think I will stop here, but this is the next page to that 2094 review, I know this has been talked about before on AS.

A vid of the 2094. It would go through a lot quicker with a fresh chain- the one that's on there is pretty whupped, but you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3dBfhSj-bc

Does the saw in the video have a decomp on it? My 2094 does not have a decomp and it would not be that easy to pull over to get started. Tried to start it the way it was done in the video but it will come to a complete stop and wrench itself half way over on its side . Only way I have found to start it is drop starting , its the way I start all chainsaws.
Pioneerguy600

Yeah, it's got the comp release. It's the same saw I posted pics of earlier on. It can be started without it, but it's sometimes tough on the fingers if it wants to climb back up the rope.

Yeah, it's got the comp release. It's the same saw I posted pics of earlier on. It can be started without it, but it's sometimes tough on the fingers if it wants to climb back up the rope.

Yea the one I have is a real tiger to start up cold but I have always liked a challenge, I am currently working up an 066 to try to up the comp, I got 177 out of it so far but would like another 10 -15 lbs and no decomp, love to hand it off to my cutting buddies and watch their faces and reactions when they try startin it. LOL.
Pioneerguy600

Yea the one I have is a real tiger to start up cold but I have always liked a challenge, I am currently working up an 066 to try to up the comp, I got 177 out of it so far but would like another 10 -15 lbs and no decomp, love to hand it off to my cutting buddies and watch their faces and reactions when they try startin it. LOL.
Pioneerguy600

In the day when my 2 older brothers raced their Mac 101 saws in the cold start competitions, they put a mark on the flywheel telling them it was just past TDC when they saw it through the fan housing. That ensured good starts every time right before the 1st cut. I quess a guy could do it to your 2094 work saw also_Of course a stone cold saw takes more then 1 pull but once you get the momemtem going it shouldn't be a problem:)

Last edited:
I really like the pulling power of this big saw. Would it make a good saw for a chainsaw mill ? I have been asked this question quite a lot lately but have no answers for them, I don`t mill with chainsaws but others do on here so feel free to chime in. All opinions are welcome.
Pioneerguy600

The 2094 would be an excellent powerhead for the Alaskan mill or Logosol. With the best air filtering on the market , its big displacement and excellent anti-vibe , yes you have a good milling unit there.I used my old Jonsered 920 years ago on an Alaskan and it ran great, and the 920 was smaller, no turbo injection and just plain rubber mount a.v. On my Alaskan mill I have a workboot gel insole wrapped and taped around the mills handle to help keep my right hand from getting any excessive vibrations.

Last edited:
The 2094 would be an excellent powerhead for the Alaskan mill or Logosol. With the best air filtering on the market , its big displacement and excellent anti-vibe , yes you have a good milling unit there.I used my old Jonsered 920 years ago on an Alaskan and it ran great, and the 920 was smaller, no turbo injection and just plain rubber mount a.v. On my Alaskan mill I have a workboot gel insole wrapped and taped around the mills handle to help keep my right hand from getting any excessive vibrations.

That`s good to know, will pass it on.
Pioneerguy600

Back