Jonsered Turbo 2094

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to chime in here.......

Hey guys......All this talk about my all-time favorite has got me all "hot and bothered.":)

Here are some pics of my 2094 and a few pages from a dealer catalog (1991, I think) which I picked up on Ebay about a year ago. If there is someone out there who knows how to "unlock" the photos so they show up automatically in the thread, please feel free.

From what I know, the 2094 showed up initially with no decomp and a starter cover to match. According to Acres, production was from 90-93, then the 2095 showed up. I have seen plenty of early 94's set up this way. Actually, mine came this way also. Seller claimed the saw was in great condition, bought it, opened it up, sure enough P&C were toast. Lesson learned.....spared no expense in getting her up and running. That pic of the starter cover is the original. Only oem replacement cylinder available from Tilton was the 2095 one with decomp. I guess that makes mine not a "true" 2094. :cry: I am going to guess that sometime during the middle of the 2094's life, decomp started to show up.

I found it interesting that Jonsered co-coined the phrase "DCS- dust control system" along with Turbo injection in the catalog. Also, take note of the full wrap handle setup in the "faller" pic. VERY different from the 920/930 setup. Kind of like a 2095 full wrap. To my knowledge there never was a 2095 full wrap handle.

DieselDave-- Holy S**t! Is that 2094w for real! I started a thread about a year ago concerning the existence of a "w" 2094. Yours is the first one I have ever seen. If you could, please post a pic of the location of the heater switch on the powerhead. Have you ever turned them on? How do they work? I'm just south of Princeton, NJ. Would love to see that saw in person sometime.

Jerry-- Beautiful saw you have there. Congrats! I am always on the lookout for a clean 2094. PM me if interested.

Take care guys....

Pete

Not sure of this, but the aggregate of the info I have indicate that the 2095 was meant for the milling market (with Jonsereds own mill) and have a bit less max hp, but more low end torque than the 2094.

This is just a somewhat educated guess, so don't shoot me if I am wrong......

2094 Field Test

Fellows I have right here in front of me the March 1991 issue of Chainsaw Age magazine and on the front cover is a full photo of the Jonsered with "Jonsered 2094 Put To The Test below it."
Jack Ferguson does a real nice writeup and breakdown of the 2094 and of course the field test.And it has the blue decomp button.
Too bad that magazine is not around anymore, I got issues back to the 1970s.
Willard.:)

December must have been the month for 2094's. Perhaps it was the Christmas red. Mine must be an earlier version also, it has no decomp. I have a new 24" bar on it that was on clearance from Bailey's. It came with a 36" Total bar that was the original, it is super clean also. The original chain is about 80% and the spare is still sealed in the bag. It may not be quite as nice as Pioneerguy600's but, they could pass for twins. The P&C look new through the exhaust port. No compression gauge but, it takes some serious Mojo to pull it over.

It looks like an early version by lack of decomp. and version of rear handle bar.

Very nice find in excellent condition. Great saws.

December must have been the month for 2094's. Perhaps it was the Christmas red. Mine must be an earlier version also, it has no decomp. I have a new 24" bar on it that was on clearance from Bailey's. It came with a 36" Total bar that was the original, it is super clean also. The original chain is about 80% and the spare is still sealed in the bag. It may not be quite as nice as Pioneerguy600's but, they could pass for twins. The P&C look new through the exhaust port. No compression gauge but, it takes some serious Mojo to pull it over.

That saw is in some fine shape also, maybe by not having a decomp it saved it from being used so much. :clap: :clap:
Pioneerguy600

FWIW, all the plastic pieces that have the date stamp molded into them on my saw are from the first and second month of 90'. Also, as stated above, it has no decomp. Someone said that a 91' advertisement showed them coming with the decomp. Out of curiosity, would this mean only the very early saws came without the decomp or could they have manufactured them both ways until a later date? Also, from the few pictures I've seen, the ones with the decomp seem to have a different configuration of the handle bar than the ones without. The one's with seem to be more swept back over the starter cover and the one's without, more straight up and down.

As I understand it, the 2095 added the decomp, so if a 2094 has one, could it be that the cylinder has been replaced?

Of course, I could be wrong...

The IPL's I have show a decomp for both models. Maybe it is a mid year introduction?

My 1992 catalog show the 2094 with a decomp valve......

Ha...your little 'evidence,' and your little 'proof,' mean NOTHING next to my ironclad conjecture!!

Well...I guess we know who won that argument...

attachment.php

Here is the front cover of March 1991 Chainsaw Age. There is 7 pages on the 2094 in this issue ,I'm trying to figure out a better resolution to post those pages. The first write up of the 2094 by this magazine was Jan. 1989.

attachment.php

Here is the front cover of March 1991 Chainsaw Age. There is 7 pages on the 2094 in this issue ,I'm trying to figure out a better resolution to post those pages. The first write up of the 2094 by this magazine was Jan. 1989.

Sweet! I really look forward to that, hope it works out.

Latest posts

Back