Jonsered Turbo 2094

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jerry, just noticed that your bar has the wrong mount for that saw. The 2094 takes the regular 009 mount. The D024 is for the older JReds, the 70E and the like with the 10mm studs. :cheers:

The bar seems to fit and align properly on the saw, are the studs a different size on the 2094, I can check that, will measure today?
Pioneerguy600

I too have a low hour 2094 that I got from the original owner for the same reason, he couldn't start it. He told me he would remove the B&C, start the saw, let it warm up at idle, reinstall the B&C and restart it. Sounds pretty crazy to me and I don't know how that would make it any easier to start. However, I certainly can understand why it wasn't used much especially since it was a 36" bar he was taking on and off every time. I must admit it was a real PITA to get going at first, to the point I thought something was wrong with the starter mechanism. The cord would just plumb stop dead about a third of the way through the pull. I eventually got the hang of it's idiosyncrasies and now it's not bad at all. I bring it to TDC and with a quick hard jerk on the cord, it works fine. You will get a feel for it after a few times. I'm glad you brought up the muffler mod issue, I'd be interested in that myself.

I am used to starting big chainsaws but this one is the hardest to turn over that I have come across in stock form, like you mention it comes to a stop around the third of a rotation and it would seem to the uninitiated that there was a mechanical problem with it but its only due to very high compression.I just drop start it and use its weight and inertia to get the job done. I can see why the owner did not use it much as he was an older gent and not large framed , he really likes the 2054 Turbo I traded him for it.
Pioneerguy600

The bar seems to fit and align properly on the saw, are the studs a different size on the 2094, I can check that, will measure today?
Pioneerguy600

I see from looking up the Oregon bars that the 2094 should have a 9.5 mm slot not the 10 mm one on the bar I have so I have a 30" and 36" bar and chain from a Husky 2100 that should fit properly. I will look around for a 16" bar and chain for it.
Pioneerguy600

Pioneerguy600

It has worked so far, so can't argue with the results. :)

I think that the .5mm is the only difference, but when you tighten it up, it shouldn't matter.

16" huh? You have been talking to troll too much. ;)

It has worked so far, so can't argue with the results. :)

I think that the .5mm is the only difference, but when you tighten it up, it shouldn't matter.

16" huh? You have been talking to troll too much. ;)

Yea I want a troll saw, big engine small bar and chain, likely .325 but full chisel. I think the powerhead can handle it easily, probably a 12 pin ring drive also. LOL Will have to wait for a power to weight ratio comment or comparison to another make/model etc.
Pioneerguy600

Compression test today yielded 175-178 lbs cold after 5 pulls using two different comp testers, sound about right? Took muffler off and piston looks like new with machining marks same as new piston. No dirt or sawdust under the covers. Will post picts. tomorrow evening. Happy New Years!!!
Pioneerguy600

IMG_3143.JPG

IMG_3139.JPG

IMG_3141.JPG

IMG_3142.JPG

Picts of the Jonsred 2094, by the looks of it I think it was used very little and may make a good keeper. Still needs to be cleaned up but there is very little sawdust under the covers.
Pioneerguy600

Is the 2094 considered a real Jonsered or is it a halfbreed? Does it share any parts with the larger Huskies?
Pioneerguy600

That is open for debate. It only shares minor things with the Husqvarnas (coil and carb I think). Some say it is a true J-red because it is not a rebadged Husky, Partner etc, while others say it is not because of Partner-like design. A purest would say it is not because it was built after the E-lux take over.

You Sir, have a lot of Jonsereds!
Pioneerguy600

Yes, but I'm lacking in the BIG saws. A lot of my saws are local and there were never very many big saws aroung here. For Jonsereds the 70E was about the largest anyone had with the 621 being the most popular. And later, the 630/670 were the popular saws.

Thanks for the info, this is new territory for me, my first Johnsered, well not quite. It all started a couple months back with me being given 5 complete non running saws and two parts saws all left in a big box on my deck/doorstep. Fixed up a 2054 and traded it for the 2094.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks for the info, this is new territory for me, my first Johnsered, well not quite. It all started a couple months back with me being given 5 complete non running saws and two parts saws all left in a big box on my deck/doorstep. Fixed up a 2054 and traded it for the 2094.
Pioneerguy600

Sounds like a good trade for you. That's how I got one of my Husky 288's. I guy bought it at a yard sale, it was way too much saw for him and he traded me even for a Husky 51. He was happy, and I was dancin' a jig.

Well it seems to have worked out well for both of us, he has a saw that he can use and is happy and I think that I will be happy with a bigger saw.He knows that I will service the 2054 for him for the next 10 years although it was never discussed.
Pioneerguy600

We don`t really need saws the size of an 2094 around here either but I now have another one on the way that is supposed to be in really good shape as well and will have to choose between them as to which one will stay with me.
Pioneerguy600

That is open for debate. It only shares minor things with the Husqvarnas (coil and carb I think). Some say it is a true J-red because it is not a rebadged Husky, Partner etc, while others say it is not because of Partner-like design. A purest would say it is not because it was built after the E-lux take over.

I have a 2094, I thought it was the same mechanically as the 394 Husky? Friend of mine has a 394, I'll have to get the two of them side by side and take a look.

I believe my 2094 has the brass oil drive gear on the crankshaft so it oils a little while it idles since the gear is spinning. My 2095 has the oiler run of the clutch. This is one of the few differences. 394 and 395 Huskies may be similar
to 2095?

Latest posts

Back