• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

J'red 2166 Opinions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgb84

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hey all, looking for opinions on a 70cc class saw. I have a budget of around $600 at this time and can buy a new 2166 for less than that. I am wanting to run a 24" bar. Bring on the comments.

Yep, a 2166 for under $600. Good deal.

If you don't go that route, the Dolmar 6400 is under $600 new and you can have a 60cc saw, 70cc saw, and 90cc saw all in one.

My next saw will be a Makita/Dolamar 6400!!

Last edited:
I have one with 18 " bar and very fast cuts :rock:, very happy for now :D
also plan to go to 24 " + muffler mod ..

I have the 365xt which is the 2166 in Husky colors. They are a nice saw stock but can be made much stronger without too much work. Mine is no longer stock and is much stronger now. I believe Terry could get the orange or red and black model either one.

I can make the same type of deals for a Husqvarna now too. I have both saws in stock. for an extra $50 I will make the 2166 or the 365 into the full flowing 2172/372 version. shop where ever you want to and youll find that unless your buying one at cost you cant find a better price.

That's a pretty good deal there. That's a well spent $50! Prob be hard pressed to find a better deal.

I wish I waited and got the 550 over the 2253. I like Orange better than Red ;) Still haven't used it, but had the money and wanted it now :) Compulsive buying! Gotta Love/Hate it ;)

I have a Ported 2166 that Terry did. Best value in a ported 70cc saw. Do yourself a favor and just buy it already ported from Terry and you will not be sorry, Great saw and lots of power. Should be perfect with a 24" bar.

IMG_1630_zpsa7900f9f.jpg

Back