june 16th TN gtg,4 cube build off ,racing ,general cookie cutting ,food and fun

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if the exhaust port shape is the problem,im screwed. theres a whole lot of saws out there with my exhaust port shape in them. they havent had trouble so far and dont think it will start now.

just trying to help terry
the theory is that as the port shap pushes the ring back in the grove , it pushes one side in first and pushes on the pin. 10,000 times per min. it,s known to loosen the pin.
the shape that the ring is cut could also cause a problem. another reason i only use oem

the port is as symetrical as i can make it. id think that it would have to be a pretty week pin for the rings to push it out that quickly. i didnt notice any mis shaped ends on the ring. the ring came from northwoods saw and i havent had any problems before with them. i guess theres always a first time for everything .

This is all good info... Hell, it may even confirm a theory I got... Of course that would be a first, since most of my theory's are pure speculation and crap..:msp_rolleyes:

im hoping it was a fluke. i will try to put it back together this weekend. i will have to do some more cutting on the chamber to clean it up. right now it looks like a dimpled golf ball. if i drop the cylinder down to compensate for the chamber being cleaned up ,i will be able to raise the exhaust back up to where it is now and get the nicked spot out of it. its all fixable with a little elbow grease. (i hope)

I like it when I get to hand free spankings out!!!!

:msp_ohmy: Rick, I'm starting to rethink the road trip to TN :laugh:.

Chris if yer Skeerd,,,,, :msp_scared:Say yer Skeerd!!!! :msp_scared: LOLOL I wont know bout my status till week after next any who??????:msp_w00t:

This havin to work for a livin is getting in tha way of my having fun time:angry::bang: alot morn i care it to be lately!!!!

sorry to hear about your 2165 wreck T Man

OK, I'm skeered.........what happens in TN stays in TN :laugh:.

If the trip is a No Go, no biggie, I really should spend the gas $$ on carb kits & fuel lines anyway.

Terry, I hope that you figure out what happend to your 2165.

well guys this gtg is getting close. 1 month to go.do you have your saw worked over yet. i have started cutting the poplar for the cants i need right now i have 5 logs big enough laid aside for the 8x8 cants. i will have them sawn into the cants just before the gtg. i hope to have a couple 0f 10x10 and a dozen or so 8x8. i have my 2165 back together again. its lost a little pep so ill have to go back in again. on a side note i will be putting 2 saws in the build off. i will be putting my work saw 2165 in it and a brand spanken new husky '' 562 '' . yes you heard it here first folks i will be building a new husky 562 strato auto tune saw for this build off. we wil se how it stacks up against all these hotrods.

I'm looking forward to it man. I hope I'll have the 075 put back together by then. I should if nothing else goes wrong.

How's your work buddy getting along now?

the doctor told him on the 11th that he didnt want him to even think about putting weight on it for 2 months. so i think its going to be a long time before he his healed up.

well guys this gtg is getting close. 1 month to go.do you have your saw worked over yet. i have started cutting the poplar for the cants i need right now i have 5 logs big enough laid aside for the 8x8 cants. i will have them sawn into the cants just before the gtg. i hope to have a couple 0f 10x10 and a dozen or so 8x8. i have my 2165 back together again. its lost a little pep so ill have to go back in again. on a side note i will be putting 2 saws in the build off. i will be putting my work saw 2165 in it and a brand spanken new husky '' 562 '' . yes you heard it here first folks i will be building a new husky 562 strato auto tune saw for this build off. we wil se how it stacks up against all these hotrods.

Hot rods??? I think I'm in the wrong buildoff... :msp_confused:

I've got my finger ports and one set of boost ports done and I'm almost thru with the second set of boost ports. But I'm having a hard time fitting both carbs and air filters under the top cover....

You will do fine just as long as it still starts.:laugh::laugh:

How's this for a stock chamber Kenneth???
Sorta nice compared to the last couple Stihl's I've had apart...

attachment.php

the doctor told him on the 11th that he didnt want him to even think about putting weight on it for 2 months. so i think its going to be a long time before he his healed up.

Maybe he can make it out to the GTG.

I took a pretty good sized grape vine to the nose today. Put me on my arse. I thought it was broke for a minute there.

It was under alot of pressure from being pinned down under a tree I had cut. Hell it came out of nowhere when I cut into it. I seen stars and now my nose is too sore to touch.

I was watching my buddy cut about a 5" small tree that was under a load today also and I seen it just fly right by his face. He's bad about not watching what he does anyways. It would have injured him badly if it would have hit him.

Needless to say, it was a tough day in the woods today. Just more examples of how quick and easy you can get hurt. My nose is big enough already, without the added swelling. :hmm3grin2orange:

Back