Just for giggles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double M,

What saws you runnin' and what are you cuttin'?

ole joat

361, almost new, and a 440 all beat up ... I prefer the 440. It's a little heavier, but after using an 041AV for years, it's a big improvement.

I just do firewood for our house and sometimes sell a few extra cords to justify the money spent buying chainsaw stuff I don't strictly need. We heat mostly with wood, and it's cold enough here about 6 months out of the year.

I get only doug (red) fir or western larch, because that's the best available out here. But I sure wouldn't mind getting a crack at some of the big hardwoods back east. I also cut down the beetle-killed Ponderosa Pines on our property, but they sure do stink up the yard when you burn them in the stove.

Next step for me is to get some snatch blocks and whatnot so I can haul in more good snags that are too far off the road.

That's again for your Peace Pipe post ... that one hit the nail on the head.

I still like the 288's...........OMG no air injection ......No side chain adjuster .....outboard clutch sucks ...........Springs suck on them and rubber mounts are better as a replacement .........Still like them ...:cheers::cheers:

Ah, what do you know, you're a Stihl guy. An 066'er at that.

361, almost new, and a 440 all beat up ... I prefer the 440. It's a little heavier, but after using an 041AV for years, it's a big improvement.

I just do firewood for our house and sometimes sell a few extra cords to justify the money spent buying chainsaw stuff I don't strictly need. We heat mostly with wood, and it's cold enough here about 6 months out of the year.

I get only doug (red) fir or western larch, because that's the best available out here. But I sure wouldn't mind getting a crack at some of the big hardwoods back east. I also cut down the beetle-killed Ponderosa Pines on our property, but they sure do stink up the yard when you burn them in the stove.

Next step for me is to get some snatch blocks and whatnot so I can haul in more good snags that are too far off the road.

That's again for your Peace Pipe post ... that one hit the nail on the head.

Double M,

That 440 is a classic. I liked it better than a 361 because the extra power was much more noticable than the extra weight.

Peace,

ole joat

Try some Amsoil.

Space,

Don't I have to know a guy who knows a guy who has a brother-in-law that works for a guy that used to be my neighbors mechanic that moved to Tennesee but has a friend in the business to purchase this so called Amsoil? And, after all that, I still need to know the secret handshake?

ole joat

Last edited:
Space,

Don't I have to know a guy who knows a guy who has a brother-in-law that works for a guy that used to be my neighbors mechanic that movd to Tennesee but has a friend in the business to purchase this so called Amsoil?

ole joat

Don't forget the secret handshake.

Space,

Don't I have to know a guy who knows a guy who has a brother-in-law that works for a guy that used to be my neighbors mechanic that moved to Tennesee but has a friend in the business to purchase this so called Amsoil? And, after all that, I still need to know the secret handshake?

ole joat
You just have to know how to grab your ankles and squeal like a pig.

Latest posts

Back