just ordered new huskee 22ton

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, got some good responses about the Huskee splitter out my "late" post. :)

As for posting back to a 2-year old thread, I woke up the next morning with a fever of 103f. Aching all over to the point of the hair in my nose hurting. I had really been contemplating getting the 22-ton Huskee as my elbows are about shot (we won't discuss the back). Anyhow, naturally under these fevered conditions I did the correct thing....I picked the phone up and called my local (20 miles away) TSC and ordered the 22-ton Huskee. It will be the first of the week before it will be put together, but no hurry...I really don't feel like playing, er, working with it right now anyhow. Fever's gone but I feel like a wrung out dishrag. Now all I have to say is "Honey, I just wasn't in my right mind...the fever and all...". :dizzy:

cuttingintime, heed the above example. :msp_wink:

cmack (and everybody else), what type of engine oil are you running in your B&S vertical shaft motor?? I'm trying to decide on dino 30w or synthetic 5w30....I'm down south where I will seldom (if ever) split below 40-degrees F.

Thanks!
Ed

Last edited:
I use the 5w 30 syn, but almost always below freezing when I am using it. It made an amazing difference in getting it started. You should be fine with either one.

Thanks for the feedback, MntnMan.

I'm definitely not oil smart. I'm thinking of going straight SAE 30. All the additives that they add to the different base oils throws me for a loop. Rather than using a 4-stroke specific 30 weight oil will an automotive oil such as Castrol 30HD be ok rather than a 4-stroke specific oil?

Ed

@dave_dj1 yes it came with all the fluids necesarry, engine oil and hydro oil, just had to add them myself {piece of cake} and as for engine oil, i just changed it again last week and i always just use briggs and stratten 30w, and i have never had a single problem, thinking of changing my hydro fluid, it probably doesnt need it, but ill probably do it anyways because i have to switch out one of my hoses that connects to the hydro pump, it was bleeding fluid and kgreer sent me a new one within 3 days! love the customer support! i figure if i gotta drain the fluid anyways i might as well put new fluid back in

Latest posts

Back