just ordered new huskee 22ton

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
just got back from the local tsc, i finally did it and ordered a new huskee 22ton splitter, mostly based on all the great threads i read on here about it, its coming in a crate and i have to assemble it, are there any tricks i should know of? and also when i get it all assembled should i prime the fluids through before i start it, or anything else anyone might be able to chime in on....hope everyone had a great week

They didn't have it in stock? I'm thinking about one of these but I don't want to drive 35 minutes just to find out they don't have one to look at and buy :confused:

just got back from the local tsc, i finally did it and ordered a new huskee 22ton splitter, mostly based on all the great threads i read on here about it, its coming in a crate and i have to assemble it, are there any tricks i should know of? and also when i get it all assembled should i prime the fluids through before i start it, or anything else anyone might be able to chime in on....hope everyone had a great week

Great splitter, after you put 6hrs on it change the engine,and hydro oil. After that follow the care manual and if you didn't buy the extended TSC warranty go get it. I learned my lesson w/ refridgerators, stoves, water heaters, washer and dryers etc... it seems like money lost but when the :censored: hits the fan you'll be happy cause you'll get a new one. Good luck w/ your new Man Machine:cheers:

Huskee at TSC

They didn't have it in stock? I'm thinking about one of these but I don't want to drive 35 minutes just to find out they don't have one to look at and buy :confused:

That's weird out of stock? Here in NY the TSC of Monroe has em all the time assembled. Call em 1st thing in the a.m. before making that trek. Good Luck.

they had one in stock, but it has been sitting outside all winter long and was pretty rusted up and just looked like it was in horrible shape, i figured if im gonna put out over a grand i want a brand new spanking machine, hey blly8325 how much was the extended warranty, if ya dont mind me askin?

they had one in stock, but it has been sitting outside all winter long and was pretty rusted up and just looked like it was in horrible shape, i figured if im gonna put out over a grand i want a brand new spanking machine, hey blly8325 how much was the extended warranty, if ya dont mind me askin?

I think I paid $60 for 3 years. That was after talking them into taking $50 off of $999. Do you still get the 5 gallons of hydraulic oil and engine oil since you have to put it together and did they give a discount if ya don't mind my asking?

Ah. Well in that case I'd have offered em half and tried to take that one home :)

The local HD had a 27ton unit out the in garden center that was just sitting there. They said it didn't run so a friend offered em 300 for it. Damn near had it too until they decided to return it to the company cuz the engine was seized. Engines are cheap, and that woulda been a steal.

It is just surface rust - they will mark it down nicely - buy some sray paint and save some money.

Huskee's (Speeco's) service is awesome. Everyone on this forum raved about it and then when my Lovejoy connector went out they sent me a new one even though it was out of warrantee.
If you are capable of assembling it after they ship it I am sure you will be able to handle anything that comes along after. I for one think extended warrantees are a ripoff but that's just my opinion. For some people they are a godsend.

thanks for all the great replys! i tried to get him to take some money off but they wouldnt budge, so i said id rather just have one in the crate, the extended warranty is definitly something to think about

Congrats on your new purchase! I would definately let them assemble it if you're still paying the same amount either way. Their guy has assembled hoards of them and it will be easier for you to go through their work after it's built than you spending hours doing it yourself. But if you're up to the task, "if you want something done right, do it yourself" they say!

Mine has served me well so far. I've put it through some big tests and it has surprised me.

I think you're really going to like your 22 ton Huskee splitter. I've had one for quite a few years and it's been great. There's been a few times when I wish that I had a begger one but that's not been too often.

The only problem that I've had with mine is that one of the engine bolts loosened up and the float got stuck. Mine starts very easy and runs a long time on a tank of gas.

A lot of bang for the buck.

i thought about having them asemble it, but they told there would be a fee, so i said to hell with that, it cant be rocket science! so i figure id give it a try, ill have some help too, my dad and a buddy, so hopefully it will go smooth, i will definitly keep everyone posted!

i thought about having them asemble it, but they told there would be a fee, so i said to hell with that, it cant be rocket science! so i figure id give it a try, ill have some help too, my dad and a buddy, so hopefully it will go smooth, i will definitly keep everyone posted!

A fee? Really? That seems strange. But, whatever the case...have you got your splitter yet?

Ed

Aw man...I just realized I replied to a thread that was 2 years old! Sorry about that ya'll!!! But, did you ever get it cmack? ;)

Last edited:
lol yep i got it! and it was unbelievably easy to assemble, i recommend it to all! and this way i know it was assembled right! and not by some 18 year old kid that really doesnt give a damn, who is more worried about how hes gonna score beer for the weekend and not how well he's assembling my splitter. i assembled it myself right out of the box of my truck, it came in a crate and was pretty easy once you go over everything and figure it out

I have a 27 ton model w/ the 5.5 hp Honda engine, bought it about 5 years ago. It has been great, have split lots of wood with it. Only problem I ever had was one of the throttle control governor springs (a very fine spring), got rusty & broke, but very simple fix. You should be happy with yours:msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back