kidcarsusa.com stay away from them!!!Warning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This could be a great thread. As long as the trashing is constructive. So good could come out of it. The owners of these companies are welcome to come on and defend there service. The same as the gear stores do(treestuff, wesspur, etc.). Good and bad reviews can be very helpful to all of us. Plus someone on here could have something good to say about kidscar.

Maybe a new thread with some ground rules should be started.

So anyone know of some good outfits in Canada for chip trucks and bucket trucks?

I wouldn't touch one without some kind of warranty. Timberland gave me thirty days on a used truck we picked up. That made me feel pretty comfortable about buying it. You can learn a lot about a rig in a few days of driving it.

Some of those guys are pretty good at temporary fixes so the trucks operate like normal for a period if time.

The guy that bought the messed up grinder for his mini should have talked to an attorney. I can usually get a lot of attention out if someone for 50-100$.

I would have wanted them to pay return shipping with a refund, or come and get it.

Last edited:
I got screwed by the V dealer in NJ on a stump grinder when I was younger and dumber... they flat out told me the rig was working but it had a bad gear on the side to side chain drive.. Since then I swore to never own another piece of equipment that starts with V... its worked out pretty well so far.. in the end they screwed themselves, trying to take advantage of a stupid kid.

My buddy says thet their logo of the rolled up sleeve is for all the work you're gonna have to do turning wrenches to keep the thing running...

Kid cars usa

I paid for a truck. I drove for 3 days, when I got there they had sold it to someone else. So they talked me into a chip truck. I flew home. It took them 5 months to deliver it! Then the first day we were pulling our chipper with it, the back of the truck fell of, and we totalled our chipper and almost killed a man. Everything was Half @assed on the truck. I have spent 10k to get it right. They will lie to you all day there. My grandpa is a lawyer. There is nothing you can do if you buy something "as is" and sign a contract. Don't ever do business with them you will get screwed!

I would love for them to get on here and defend what is said. They cant, so they wont. When I talked to the guy, he knew what went down and almost seemed proud of it, that it was a joke to him, kinda a "nanananabooboo, i got yo money, i got yo money" . Put it like this, the pump casing is broke at the top bolt, the top one holding it to the truck, some sort of adhesive was applied to hold it in place.......didn't last very long. Stuff like that, bolt was there, looked just fine. The list is long. We normally don't get a crow bar out and try and pry stuff off when checking it out, but maybe we should. The whole deal was foolish on my part, I admit that. They made me feel good about the deal, I even stressed that I don't like this type of dealing, so they give me all these guarantees that its all good, besides, dude is a Vet, would NEVER do me like that. Wrong. I have all these pics of this cool truck I was going to get, older, but clean with the right equipment. This truck I have is far from it. I don't care about paint either, would have rather had it original, as I am going to paint it this winter anyways. Some other guys may get on here and defend them, as they had good luck, I'm sure it happens, few and far between. Ultimately, its my fault, as I should have waited till I got home. But I was excited, could not get away from the jackassery, that is the big show, fast enough, and the more I had done, before I got home the better............not so much! I could lay the whole thing out, but you all get the idea, they are just down right shady. I was going to go over to I-80, but they didn't have anything ready. They have a pretty decent show there. Since this has happened, I have learned of several guys who have bought a truck from them (kidcars), drove days to get there, then the truck is crap or gone. This is their MO. Wish I met them before. Again, this was a newb mistake and I feel like as fool for it, as I should. Learn from my mistake, no matter where you buy, check those things out first before you give them any money( I know, I know, that is a big "DUH"!) they will take your deposit as well. Know a guy who put down several G's to hold a truck, he gets there from Cali, no truck, he don't want the crap that's there, they tell him "tough" and wont return the deposit. The fact that that I ran a shop in the Marines is my only salvation.I know how to fix it all and actually happened to have a extra pump, so the truck is pretty solid mechanically...........now............after about 1g for parts anyways! But still not the truck I wanted. Whether we should have a thread, I dunno, I think when it happens, it should go up, but a thread might invite newbs to say stuff, just to say it, again I dunno. But the word needs to get out on these outfits that's for sure.

One thing I know about used dealer's, they are in it for profit! I try to make purchases through individuals. I try to avoid pressure situations and the lets get er done feeling. I'm however guilty of making bad decisions, I'm better now but anyone on a given day can be taken. I have learned through the years the minute you buy a better deal presents itself so I try very hard to remember that. I bring compression gauge, multi- meter etc and thoroughly inspect any used vehicle.

The most suprising thing about all of this is the guys name is Brian? :msp_confused::msp_confused::msp_confused: I would have guessed Jose the way everything is written.

The most suprising thing about all of this is the guys name is Brian? :msp_confused::msp_confused::msp_confused: I would have guessed Jose the way everything is written.

Yea .........he's complaining about how he got beat and he's ready to pass that right along to some other poor bastard ! Man that's ironic .... I saw that truck on ebay aswell and I am not smart enough to put 2and2 together .

Can't believe I read this whole thread.
Rules:
1--Look guys, if you'r dealing with someone and they lie to you and then you give them your money, its pretty much on you. The world is full of lying, dishonest stacks of ####, when you find one just walk away. To the OP, why would you buy something that was in such bad condition and then expect it not to give you trouble? They lied to you from the start, it ran like crap from the start. Why would you do business with them?
2--Next, before handing someone, you don't know, your hard earned money check them out first. I mean get on-line and do a search and decide for yourself if this is someone you want to do business with.
3--Then if you send a deposit make sure its refundable. They have to be, by law, in California.
4--Always inspect and if you don't know what your looking at bring someone who does. If you can't then refer back to rule 2 and find someone with a stellar reputation. Yes you will pay more but you get what you pay for.
5--YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
6--You are for more likely to get burned by a private seller than a dealer. Dealers have a rep to protect, privates don't.
In most States, dealers have licenses and are regulated and they face loosing there licenses and getting fined if they break the laws. They can even find themselves behind bars. Privates don't.
7--Don't trust anyone (that includes me). Do your research. I hate it when someone buys from me "site-unseen". I want you to be happy with your purchase but that means you taking the time to check it out yourself and make sure its what you want.
8--When you find someone you can trust, stick with them. Repeat customers are far more valuable than first timers. Trust goes both ways in this game kiddies.
:cheers:

I disagree

Can't believe I read this whole thread.
Rules:
1--Look guys, if you'r dealing with someone and they lie to you and then you give them your money, its pretty much on you. The world is full of lying, dishonest stacks of ####, when you find one just walk away. To the OP, why would you buy something that was in such bad condition and then expect it not to give you trouble? They lied to you from the start, it ran like crap from the start. Why would you do business with them?
2--Next, before handing someone, you don't know, your hard earned money check them out first. I mean get on-line and do a search and decide for yourself if this is someone you want to do business with.
3--Then if you send a deposit make sure its refundable. They have to be, by law, in California.
4--Always inspect and if you don't know what your looking at bring someone who does. If you can't then refer back to rule 2 and find someone with a stellar reputation. Yes you will pay more but you get what you pay for.
5--YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
6--You are for more likely to get burned by a private seller than a dealer. Dealers have a rep to protect, privates don't.
In most States, dealers have licenses and are regulated and they face loosing there licenses and getting fined if they break the laws. They can even find themselves behind bars. Privates don't.
7--Don't trust anyone (that includes me). Do your research. I hate it when someone buys from me "site-unseen". I want you to be happy with your purchase but that means you taking the time to check it out yourself and make sure its what you want.
8--When you find someone you can trust, stick with them. Repeat customers are far more valuable than first timers. Trust goes both ways in this game kiddies.
:cheers:

While in a perfect world your post might have merit but private you have one untrained salesman to deal with and many dealers have been trained to profit. Many times a individual actually has worked the truck and if he is honest he knows it's issues. Many salesmen don't know a differential side gear from a input shaft all they know is they want a commission check. This might not apply to you and if so that's great but the bottom line is your boss expects you to sell for the highest amount possible right ?

Also the laws you speak of many times only apply to new equipment lemmon laws etc. Most dealers have lawyers on the books to protect them not the end user!

Ropensaddle, I don't know about Arkansas but in Cal the laws are very real and enforceable. And no, its not all about profit. I don't deal with any dealers who would dump crap on a customer just to make a buck in the short term. It really is about our reputations and doing the right thing. There certainly are dishonest dealers out there but to think Joe Blow is going treat you right and a "dealer" isn't is just silly. Refer to rule #7 please. I do a lot of business with all sorts of people, dealers, salesmen, auction yards, contractor, homeowners. I have known salesmen who lost their jobs for making bad deals that made their company look bad. I have bought bad equipment from auctions and I have had contractors lied to my face. By far the ones I distrust the most are individuals selling something they have owned for years. So much so that I rarely buy anything from an end user especially when they put their crap up at an auction. I always seem to get burned.
But that is just my experience with the hundreds of deals I'v made in the last ten years.

Ropensaddle, I don't know about Arkansas but in Cal the laws are very real and enforceable. And no, its not all about profit. I don't deal with any dealers who would dump crap on a customer just to make a buck in the short term. It really is about our reputations and doing the right thing. There certainly are dishonest dealers out there but to think Joe Blow is going treat you right and a "dealer" isn't is just silly. Refer to rule #7 please. I do a lot of business with all sorts of people, dealers, salesmen, auction yards, contractor, homeowners. I have known salesmen who lost their jobs for making bad deals that made their company look bad. I have bought bad equipment from auctions and I have had contractors lied to my face. By far the ones I distrust the most are individuals selling something they have owned for years. So much so that I rarely buy anything from an end user especially when they put their crap up at an auction. I always seem to get burned.
But that is just my experience with the hundreds of deals I'v made in the last ten years.

Yeah I get the auction thingy but at least stuff there is cheap until u get it home :) However see if I buy from an individual or a salesman they look into my lazy eye and read between the lines that I might not be happy if they screw me and they know I can find them :)

Global equipment exporters is a good bunch of guys to deal with too. I plan to do more business with them in the future.

We appreciate the kind words 2treeornot2tree.

Our philosophy at Global Equipment Exporters is that we want our customers from cradle to grave. I just don't understand dealers who make false promises as the customer will never return and they risk the bad reputation. How do they keep the doors open?

Buyers should do research prior to purchasing from a dealer. This can be done by visiting the BBB and also by using Google. Google the company name with rip-off report behind the company name and you might find some results this way. We just had a customer buy a piece of equipment from a dealer in MI who has not been honest and complaints were on this website about the dealer. The customer was told the equipment was running just fine and when it was delivered, it wouldn't even start. It cost the customer $2,000 to get the engine running. Needless to say he'll never buy another piece of equipment from that dealer.

I hope the above info helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters

Has anybody given any thought to flagging the OP's Craigslist ad?

Sure, he got ripped off...and he screamed bloody murder about it. But now he's doing basically the same thing that he complained about.

Having been in the tree business for 27 years I have bought and sold quite a bit of equipment. The number one problem with dealers is they sell used equipment with no knowledge of the condition. All many know is I paid $15,000 for this and I want $23,000 for it. Worse, are dealers that are selling off inventories they actually don't own. When you see an obviously small operator and the locations of the equipment he is selling is all over a state or several states you pretty much know that is the case. A lot of those guys are going by pics and someone else description of the condition. It really turns me off when they start in with "check it out" because I want ask have they not checked it out? Do they have zero idea of the condition of what they are selling?

Again, bad dealers don't know what they are selling, good dealer do.
Size has nothing to do with it.
The other part of your statement refers to brokering equipment. In that case, the broker has to rely on the reputation of the dealer he is representing. I do this and I only represent the few dealers I trust. If I don't trust them I don't do business with them. And yes, you have to check it out yourself because that is how the world works.

Reserch

What I hate is these sorta posts seem to get removed for most times legal reasons, so there really is no good way to research dealers . Most big dealers will sue or attempt to discredit customers with bad experiences. I say let free speech be free speech and let a customer see the bad and the good!

Latest posts

Back