Last of the uglies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2:30 PM chucked the last Black Locust ugly in the stove. I think this is the latest in the season the uglies have lasted. Still have 5 chunks of shoulder season to go and that will probably be gone tonight.

Harry K

That's pretty good. I only have a bit more, but most of it really needs more air drying, busting up some old oddball rounds and pieces that resisted one fiskars attempt so far that have been sitting around.

But my future uglies stash is doing well, small mountain of smalls, crooked, shorts, longs, crotches, end cuts, oddball rounds, etc, about 6-7 feet tall now. Also a nice pile of oak branches that still need to be cut to size. That's all well mixed species in that larger pile, I started segregating the better stuff still in the round by individual species, all oak, all hickory, etc. All of that when split will still be in separate stacks by species. That's my new and hopefully improved firewood plan anyway.

I burn my uglies in the fire pit, which pretty much is hot from Easter to Thanksgiving, so they all get used-up even before the (so-called) shoulder season.
Speaking of shoulder season... predictions are for highs in the 50' and 60's all this week. I guess shoulder season has been extended 'round here again, just like last year. In fact, the weather pattern is almost identical to last year...

Maybe another mild winter???? Hot, dry spring/summer???? Drought????

Latest posts

Back