Late Christmas present to AS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachsmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Welp it's back to work tonight.

Been great hanging and bench racin' with all here.

Spent some time looking up this video this morning, has got to be the best example of a real pro doing his thing.

Enjoy;

[video=youtube_share;leM-d2tIZts]http://youtu.be/leM-d2tIZts[/video]

Helluva video. That's something I'll never see, I'm sure.

Rain Forest eh?

Dunno, but it sure looks cool.

Did y'all see how his cuts lined up perfectly

Looks like he made one slight correction, other than hooking his ax on that sapling.

Hey nobody is perfect eh?

The soundtrack was PRICELESS!

I've seen his videos before. I think TreeSlinger knows the guy.

I love the "pop" at 7:37. :rock:

Last edited:
Then you have this....

[video=youtube;I0zUAOrzu7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=I0zUAOrzu7E[/video]

And a good shot of using the full wrap handle. Makes my 15" Alder look like weeds

I thought the guy in the orange shirt had a great job u til he had to pound the wedges.

Lots of trees will piss all over you when you put in a cut.........Where do you guys think the word "Piss Fir" came from?.....oh wait, don't forget about the smell of all that old water too........Hahahahahahaha!

Lots of trees will piss all over you when you put in a cut.........Where do you guys think the word "Piss Fir" came from?.....oh wait, don't forget about the smell of all that old water too........Hahahahahahaha!

yup, makes a great day better. had some big cottonwoods piss hard for over ten min's . pull out and have a smoke.

it's an alright vid, seen it before. if you want to see something really impressive check out jasha's video where he felled a 7'2" doug fir snag with a 066 and a 42" bar. he makes it look amazingly easy, beavering around the tree with his face cut and back cut. perfectly lined up corners and no time wasted. and it's on wonky ground....and he does it correctly, starting from the high side. it's really a how to on falling trees much larger in diameter than your bar length.

we had a year of flooding here. I cut about 50 big poplars that summer that sucked up so much water they just got too heavy to hold together. I remember one that had blown over. I cut it near the root ball that had blown over and it poured down my leg. It was like a fire hose. Never thought redwood would be like that though

yup, makes a great day better. had some big cottonwoods piss hard for over ten min's . pull out and have a smoke.

yeah, I have to do that when somethin else gets too wet too. Pull out and have a smoke till it clears up. Happens all the time....

yeah, I have to do that when somethin else gets too wet too. Pull out and have a smoke till it clears up. Happens all the time....

HARHARHARHAR,

i wuz thinnin' the same thing!

I have seen that video of Jasha, the man knows how to do it fo' sure. (He's a wizard on a chain too)

Back