Let's Have A Raffle & Help Out tlandrum of Wicked Worksaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True but the 12000 the raffle brought no one would ever bid on a P100 or P62.

That included 10+ items, plus a lot of money just donated to a good cause (look at how many winners declined their prizes).

I think that a raffle is still a good idea, but maybe separate raffles or auctions for truly unique items.

I found the mixed raffle/auction to be confusing.

Philbert

The guys that pass are just that, passed over. The next guy gets to choose.

So "passing to the next round" goes to the next winner in line or to the raffle #2?
If I wanted a particular saw I would pay a lot more for it than I would for a chance at something I don't expect to win.

JMO

Philbert

That would work for one caliber of people, but not everyone can afford to throw down $500 for a saw. However, I believe that many people can afford to come up with $10-50 to purchase some tickets for a chance so there is minimal impact one ones monthly budget.

So "passing to the next round" goes to the next winner in line or to the raffle #2?

We drew some alternates just for this reason. We knew some guys would pass. So we just go down the list until everyone that was drawn has had a chance to pick, or pass. When we've done that, anything that wasn't picked will be rolled over into the next raffle, or possibly auctioned off.

We drew some alternates just for this reason. We knew some guys would pass. So we just go down the list until everyone that was drawn has had a chance to pick, or pass. When we've done that, anything that wasn't picked will be rolled over into the next raffle, or possibly auctioned off.

My bad Randy! I did not mean to post that. I was going to post it but opted not to because I did not want it to sound snarky. It must have saved it as a draft and then double posedt when I responded to Philbert.

Back