lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a bit worried about the fun factor wearing off. I mean the dirtbike will probably be quicker, but its not setup for long stretchs down the road. And Ive wanted a streetbike for a while. But it is a 1975 with under 600 miles :) For less than 2K$ Maybe Ill just have to figure out a way to do both :D

Well I was told 1600$ but figured I could talk him down a bit. Kinda scares me that its set for so long. I know most autos and tractors when you make them run after sittin for years they tend to leak.

$1600 is too high for a CB360 that needs resurrecting, at least in my area. There was a ride ready one in the local CL for $400 a couple of weeks ago. Heck, I've got a friend who's selling his ride ready GL1100 Goldwing for $1600. Just go on your local Craigslist and do a search in motorcycles with your target price as the maximum and see what's out there.

I have a friend that rides a CB450 Nighthawk... it's nearly in mint condition and he said he bought it for about a grand.

Another guy I know rides a FZR 1000... probably forked out a bit for that bike...

you could have some funk in the tank and fuel lines on a bike that old too. Like was said you can find some very nice bikes out there for just over a grand. I wouldn't let the low mileage on that old '75 bike fool you into thinking it won't need work. They didn't make em so bullet proof back then. I bought a new 71 Triumph and it had many issues as they all did. My new Triumphs have all been as close to perfect as a bike could be.

You stole that! Looks pretty good, what year is it?
Got this off craiglist for $1200.00, 1992, just needed to rebuild the carbs.
View attachment 189243
189243d1309615070-summer-10-001-jpg

Last edited:
You stole that! Looks pretty good, what year is it?
Got this off craiglist for $1200.00, 1992, just needed to rebuild the carbs.
View attachment 189243
189243d1309615070-summer-10-001-jpg

OOooo...

That reminds me of the Honda CB750 fours for pulling tractors that my neighbor would modify... all he did was port and polish the heads, install Accel ignition coils/wires and NGK plugs, and lapped the valves... then started with long individual pipes from each port, and cut them down until he got into the desired rpm range for power and torque. He got about 90-95 horsepower at about 13,000 rpm, red line was something like 14 or 15,000 rpm... never had a problem with them, only one broke a timing chain... otherwise they were as reliable as your average CB750...

If I got a naked street bike, I'd probably start out with a GS550 or the like... and after I get the hang of it, start porting it... :D Make a little screamer of a bike, and scare all kinds of much bigger bikes with the proper gearing... Those, IIRC rev out to about 11,000 rpm stock, so porting should take it well into the 15,000 rpm area, and make some respectable power too.

I'd paint it flat black, of course... :D

Last edited:
Cant remember if i posted these already but im sure you dont mind a repost :)

y.jpg

u.jpg

t.jpg

l.jpg

o-1.jpg

Btw im looking at a 09 Buell 1125r, dyno sheet says it put down 160 rwhp :)

Very tastefull picts!

Seems like that bike musta been modded. No Buell stock would ever dyno that kind of rwhp.

Getting the itch to buy a new bike and Triumph is dragging its feet putting out a new engine. I have owned the 885, 955 and have the 1050. I am also considering having my bike customized if they/someone could make it look like this...

Ps....yesterday they had an anti helmet rally of over 550 motorcycles in Cinci.

One guy lost control of his bike, went over his handlebars, and died from head injuries.

Very tastefull picts!

Seems like that bike musta been modded. No Buell stock would ever dyno that kind of rwhp.

Getting the itch to buy a new bike and Triumph is dragging its feet putting out a new engine. I have owned the 885, 955 and have the 1050. I am also considering having my bike customized if they/someone could make it look like this...

Well it aint stock...... It had a exhaust and i believe somebody tuned it in San Diego.

She looks familiar and still hot, from the famous Thumpertalk thread.

Back