lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trailduster2 said:
Here's my trike!

194867d1313675325-1313670114239-jpg

Nice, my neighbor wants me to build a Lil' Abner Trike for him but I can't find any pics of what it looked like. Yours is pretty cool though!

lil abdner

Thanks biker dude! This is a rather special bike to me,. My father in law and I built this trike from an old style look. It had the wood box on top and all the weird things you would fine on a older trike. We spent about a year building this, in the process pf the build he had come down with a case of thyroid cancer. Doing the build and batteling the cancer was pretty rough. as the trike was getting closer to being done he ended up getting mesotheleoma cancer and it spred very fast. I was ably to get the paint on the finished trike just in time for him to get a single ride on it before he passed away, 2 years ago as of yesterday! I am in the process of getting a I.M.O. tattoo of the bike and him together and will have it done in ink.

Wow, what an amazing build story! I'm glad to hear he got a ride before passing on and now you will always have him in your memories whenever you ride. I'm a big fan of old school design and you have definitely captured that with your trike. Very Nice!

thank you

Many thanks to you Biker Dude! As you can see on this photo, We are about to fallow dad in the hurse and I was the lead bike on the funeral procesion. Let me tell you that was the hardest ride I have EVER been on! Thanks again.

View attachment 196186

Nice looking trike and nice story.

Changed my mind and bought another Triumph S3. Sold the old one, a yellow 05 S3 the day before to my neighbor. Loved that bike but when you fall out of love it is time and I wasn't riding much because of being busy and the heat. New bike much the same but with small differences. Will be nice to still see my old one around too.

You should get your ass kicked for letting dust settle on that VTX! Nice collection though, you have good taste in bikes.

If the VTX ever gets lonely again I'll do my patriotic duty and give it some exercise for you! I only have my Aspencade and my Valkyrie in rotation here so adding the VTX would be no problem. I'd be glad to help out a fellow AS biker.:rock:

I really like mine too. It took better than a year to rebuild it but man it was worth it. What a blast to drive! Here's a little before and after.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's the tire I put on the back of her last week. Yes I have gone to the darkside, they have cookies!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Stephen, I would never be caught with a tire like that on my bike. At least very few have caught up to me anyway, except the boys in blue last year. Doing a little bit fast on the 401 and he run out on the road infront of me and waved me down. Turns out all he wanted was my autograph and a few $'s for donuts.
196742d1314408854-bike-tire-jpgH=CONFIG]196742

Likely have a couple thousands kms on it and happy so far. Gravel road running is a blast, grass, sand whatever is no problem now. Burnouts are much cheaper and those small annoying roads cracks don't bother me now.
Now sure now but I think it's a Michelin Hydro Edge 205/65/16

Last edited:
I got the :msp_rolleyes: look when I mentioned buying a crotch rocket project from a high school friend. Mom and Dad both.. :msp_tongue: Supposedly a 600frame with a bigger motor. IDK. Gonna take a look and see if I think Im capable of handling this one. The GS turned out to be more than I wanted to tackle. And some of the $ I made off it went to the YZ anyways.

Likely have a couple thousands kms on it and happy so far. Gravel road running is a blast, grass, sand whatever is no problem now. Burnouts are much cheaper and those small annoying roads cracks don't bother me now.
Now sure now but I think it's a Michelin Hydro Edge 205/65/16

That's one of the tires mentioned on the darkside database. Mine is a General Altimax HP 205/60/16 and I only have 50 km or so on it so far. Here is a better shot of the tread pattern.

attachment.php

Did you run the air pressure at 40 psi for the first 1000 km and then slowly reduce pressure to find the "sweet spot"? that is the procedure they recommend on the darkside database site.

I started at 42 and tried to keep it at that. Tough to get that percise when checking the pressure but it sure does make a difference. I ride double most of the time and really don't do much tight corning. Just straightline fast, getting too old to hit the curves, the old eyeballs are bigger than the other balls now.

That's one of the tires mentioned on the darkside database. Mine is a General Altimax HP 205/60/16 and I only have 50 km or so on it so far. Here is a better shot of the tread pattern.

attachment.php

Did you run the air pressure at 40 psi for the first 1000 km and then slowly reduce pressure to find the "sweet spot"? that is the procedure they recommend on the darkside database site.

I run those on the VW... they are great tires... hold the road very well, very affordable, and even while holding the pedal to the floor with the wheel to the left and making a hard left turn from a stop, squealing all the way through... they don't show hardly any wear. Not to mention they do look cool as well... :cheers:

Correction... mine are the RT's...

My Scoot

My ride, a 2002 Sportster 883 which I bought new in '02. Original plans called for a teardown and a "warmed over" 1250 cc conversion with Buell Thunderstorm/Screamin' Eagle heads, but a busted up back and 2 years of getting cut on kind of foiled the plans. Now, several years later, I'm saving up so that hopefully I will still be able to do the build in the near future. So far, my mods are a thunderjet kit in the carb, Screamin' Eagle air filter kit, and Crane Hi Energy ignition kit with Bluestreak coil and Black Max wires.

Latest posts

Back