lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't sure if I had posted this before or not. So.....I decided to do it again. :p

1671053112310.png

Yup. Have heated grips, jacket liner, and pants. Use the grips and jacket regularly, have yet to need the pants. I will ride down to about 15f. 40 min commute.
Riding gear that cuts the wind helps a lot. Thats one reason many use leather because it cuts the wind really well. Plus it resist abrasion if you go down.

I bought it from a woman in Santa Fe. It only had 16K miles on it but she obviously had a few spills on it. She told me she got heavily back into mountain biking and had decided to sell. It runs like a top. I put a bit heavier fork springs in it and added some big block knobbies and it’s good to go. It also came with panniers and a top case in addition to the tank bag.

It’s gonna take me from here in New Mexico up into Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming next summer.

I’m actually a big fan of the KLR. I don’t think it gets the respect it deserves. It’s been utterly reliable on every ride I’ve done. I can’t say that for some of the bikes that the guys I’ve ridden with were on. Not to mention the guys I’ve come across on the trail having problems. I like that it has a CV carb. I could fix it at camp if I had to but it’s never let me down.
One thing I’ve learned is not to go very far into the woods on a fuel injected KTM. lol

My KLR has tackled every obstacle I’ve come across and has delivered me through the gates of hell whenever I asked it to. Not to mention it is the most comfortable bike I’ve ever owned and I have a Goldwing and a Concours. I’m
feeling fresh as a daisy at camp while most guys I’m riding with are gimpy.

Mine is highly modified but a stock KLR can embarrass the guys on much more expensive bikes. There’s no way I would ever sell it and if I don’t like the BMW I will probably sell it go back to the KLR. I take long rides and when riding every day for weeks at a time comfort and reliability is paramount. I’ll find out in August if the BMW can deliver.

after my ride around track few weeks back i came home and discovered next day rear tyre was flat.. Took off wheel to workshop to find previous owner had done a dodgy repair plug patch and a tube which itself was not close to right size.. I was lucky it didn't blow out while going hard on track pheww

Back