lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, thats tuesday, the day after gustav. 1.4 million people without power. my parish (county) was 98% powerless, ascension parish 100%, east baton rouge 90% (160,000 customers or meters)..... i had to drive in the wind/rain for almost 2 hours to get to my 79 year old dads and open his garage so he could get to dialysis and he had already missed a day.... the trip usually takes 35 minutes... i threw the ms310 on the back and ended up helping cut people out.....

baton rouge still has 40,000 customers without power..... they should have it back by sept 24th!

i sold the saw to a friend who is a cop, since its was a little unweildy on the interstate! i picked up a 16" husky 346xp

attachment.php

tzpb.jpg

Sadly this one is titled “The One That Got Away”. Wish I had it back.
Nothing caused Adrenalin to pump like that thing. :jawdrop:

On my bike above you can see a little damage in the right headlight bowel. Last fall I was going down a country road at about 60 mph (just slowed from 85), it was pitch black out and out of the side of the road a deer (long legged rat) jumped right in front of me. No time to hit the brakes so I put a treeman's grip on the handlebar stuck my right knee up in the air and kneed the fjuker in the side. He went right over the bike and tore my ignition and headlights right off. I did not go down but was in a serious shimmy in the pitch black without lights or engine running.

Guy at cycle shop didn't believe me when I called but when he saw the blood and chunks of flesh stuck in the bike he did. It was a religious experience.:rock: Damage was around 3k.

Last edited:
What kind of bike is that Treevet? I don't even like driving the truck around here at night with the number of long legged rats running around, couldn't imagine hitting one on a bike.:greenchainsaw:

I would love to have a Triumph America or a Speedmaster.

I don't want to sound like a salesman, stihl sawing, but they are real affordable and I've got a lot of friends with them and no probs.

I have had 3 engines; 98 Thunderbird Sport 885 that I had modded to get another 20 hp, an 01 955 speed triple, and this one.

That Bonneville series is real nice you are talking about. I'd get one if I had the room.

Last edited:
I had a 71 bonny years ago, Wish i still had it. That america is a good lookin machine. If the nomad ever gets sold there may be one in the garage. Can't afford one right now.

I had a 71 Bonny too. Tank color gold, put a 750 speed kit, loud pipes, and a solo seat on it. Spewed oil all over the place. Loved it to death.

1974 Yamaha RD350

Had it for a year now, sat in a shed for fifteen years before I put it on the road for the guy a few years ago (on his bill, sweet I got paid to do all the work then I bought it!) and I've done a couple thigs to it since. I am not a fan of the looks of the clubman bars but boy did the handling improve!!! Sorry for the pics in the shed but it's snowing!

Had it for a year now, sat in a shed for fifteen years before I put it on the road for the guy a few years ago (on his bill, sweet I got paid to do all the work then I bought it!) and I've done a couple thigs to it since. I am not a fan of the looks of the clubman bars but boy did the handling improve!!! Sorry for the pics in the shed but it's snowing!

Sweet bike, looks like a good find. Should run right with my cb400. The rd400 is a lot quicker. I am gonna get a 2-stroke street bike someday, hopefully it is an H1, H2, RD400 or Bultaco Metrella.

I had a 1971 Suzuki T500 Titan 2 stroke about 10 years ago. Looked like an old Bonne but it screamed and was nicknamed the Suzuki Screamer. Lot of fun as all bikes. Guy gave it to me out of his barn and I rehabbed it.

New seat on my cb400f and a pic of my xr200. I still need to mock up a cover for the rear brake/turn signal light wires. I plan on getting a smaller muffler too. Besides that, I just plan on riding these bikes till I find a Duc.

Last edited:
Back