lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks fellas. Mostly a learning experience. But I feel like I can make a small profit if I can get it going :) But it would be nice to have something to ride around the lake this summer gettin 40+mpg.

It was quite a rig. Ill get some pictures of the setup.
This one is showing 70821 miles, so I imagine its been around the block a time or too.

attachment.php

Thats my buddies 1980 GL

Gonna shoot ya a PM :)

Pretty cool looking bike. It always pays to be different!

How's this for different?
173364d1298339911-ksnoom-jpg

way to get my groove on in the white stuff.:msp_biggrin:

Last edited:
Oh well. Now infected with MAD. Im on the lookout for a 1957 panhead to match Grandpa's last one he had :) haha Wishful thinking, I know..

He road cross country twice while in the Navy.

What kind of compression is acceptable on bikes? Checked on cylinder on the GS850 the other day and I got about 90#s. I dont think the bike is staying with me. Sights are set on a CR250F or YZ250F :D for a little off road action, and I feel safer off the pavement

90 is a little low, 140 would be better. If all 4 cylinders were at 90 you might not notice it but one weak cylinder will make the bike idle like crap and have no throttle response.

Did I ever mention my neighbor's son in law put one of my neighbor's Honda CB750 tractor pulling engines in his CB 750?

Stock, those 750's ran about 45 hp, he built them to run 13,000 rpms and put out 90-95 hp.

All he did was port them and tune the pipe length... and lap the valves.

Stock block, rods and pistons... he called Honda up and told them what he was doing and they said "Impossible." He said "Your 750's are the only engines that I found to be able to run like this."

An air cooled 750... completely stock with porting and tuned pipes beat many top $5000 or more built up engines.

The gearing is where everything is... that's where he and his buddies figured out the best set up.

The way these engines pulled was nice and steady mid power... until you hit the halfway mark in the tach (~6,500 rpms) then the engine opens up and simply pulls, and pulls.

That bike, you could hear it miles away... it was LOUD and FAST.

Bet he put many other wannabe bikers to shame with that CB750.

I wish I could've bought it... he sold it for 800 bucks. To some young guy who probably killed himself with it by now.

90 is a little low, 140 would be better. If all 4 cylinders were at 90 you might not notice it but one weak cylinder will make the bike idle like crap and have no throttle response.
Thanks! I think that gives me enough reason to pass this on to somebody else and start off with something more in my ability to work on :)
It does show 70K on the odometer.

Nice Ktooms and pix Roma! Alas, mine is stihl out of service for a bit. I have to get the kickstand tab fixed. Bike is stihl tore down from winter mode and I don't want to put it back together till I get it to the welder to fix that darn tab. Good thing I've got other rides or I'd be hurtin'.

Back