Light and fan on my wood splitter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy_Bob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing the electric start on my wood splitter. I went to a Briggs & Stratton "Master Dealer" for the parts.

I figured this guy would know what parts to get and this was the case. He did have some difficulty finding the correct part numbers, but his experience and training paid off as he was able to find the part numbers and also tell me what I needed to do to install this and that.

Anyway I installed the electric start along with a regular car battery and so forth. And this got me to thinking...

Hummm... I could add a light to my wood splitter and work at night!

And it does get a bit hot working next to that engine. Maybe I could add a 12 volt fan to cool me down a bit!

Well why stop there? Why not go all the way and add a stereo as well! :biggrinbounce2:

(I have not done any of this yet...)

You might as well be comfortable. Go for it. I could have used lights about a month ago when I borrowed splitter and had deadline to get it back. Fan would be an option for me. I usually wear radio headphones when I cut and split so I dont need stereo .:)

i have lights on mine. in the fall it gets dark early, and why let the dark dictate your work?

in fact, quite a few guys in the forum have lights on theirs.

as for the stereo....get an ipod.

as for the fan....

I finally got around to installing the electric start on my wood splitter. I went to a Briggs & Stratton "Master Dealer" for the parts.

I figured this guy would know what parts to get and this was the case. He did have some difficulty finding the correct part numbers, but his experience and training paid off as he was able to find the part numbers and also tell me what I needed to do to install this and that.

Anyway I installed the electric start along with a regular car battery and so forth. And this got me to thinking...

Hummm... I could add a light to my wood splitter and work at night!

And it does get a bit hot working next to that engine. Maybe I could add a 12 volt fan to cool me down a bit!

Well why stop there? Why not go all the way and add a stereo as well! :biggrinbounce2:

(I have not done any of this yet...)

Now, don't forget the 12 volt coffee pot, a 12 volt crock pot full of italian sausages, peppers and onions and a 12V fridge full of beer for when you're all done :) :givebeer:

I have a old patio table umbrella I'm planning on putting on mine, that way I can create my own shade:)

Now, don't forget the 12 volt coffee pot, a 12 volt crock pot full of italian sausages, peppers and onions and a 12V fridge full of beer for when you're all done :) :givebeer:

...and, ya gotta have that a/c unit running too.

At work we had an old homemade splitter. Whoever made it put a starter/generator on it. I would guess that would have enough amps to run stuff. I like that setup better than the new starter and magnetron setup.:)

Now this is heading in a bad direction. Next thing someone will be watching naughty movies on their flat screen while splitting........ something will get in between the wedge and ram............................ :jawdrop: :cry: :cry:

That does it, I am goin to buy on of those cooling fans several
flood lamps and start a midnight operation on slow days. My neighbors
are just going to have to get used to it. I will use my splitter and generator
combo and those cooler fans kick butt so wow the added production should
off set the added fuel?

Now this is heading in a bad direction. Next thing someone will be watching naughty movies on their flat screen while splitting........ something will get in between the wedge and ram............................ :jawdrop: :cry: :cry:

new definition of splitting wood:censored: :check: :dizzy:

Now I'm thinking a little bar table and stool with a brass pole and a live dancing girl, you couldn't peel or pry my fingers off the control lever unless it was to tuck a buck, maybe that would re define Hanko's "wood slave":clap:

I have a old patio table umbrella I'm planning on putting on mine, that way I can create my own shade:)

:clap: It works great!! I've been just jury rigging one up, but a friend of mine is building a bracket to mount to his splitter that will hold the umbrella and be adjustable so he can tilt the umbrella for max. effect. :greenchainsaw:

Back