Lightweight bar options for Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
knothole

knothole

Good and you?
Don't know if you fellers remember but Oregon was putting a test together for a "microlite" bar and two chains? That test kind of fell asleep but I received notification yesterday that the test is on again. Perhaps this bar will be a lightweight option?

sunfish

sunfish

Fish Head
I've been running two Pro-Lites along side two Sugi-Harras on 346s' & 357s', 16" & 18". I do like the Sugi bars better, but they are no lighter and the Pro-Lites are holding up just fine.

I actually like the Windsor/Carlton speed tips over the Sugi or any Oregon bars.

I do have one 20" Tech-Lite that is lighter and has been a very good bar!

blsnelling
What am I missing ? Tsumura lw bars have been for sale for a while here conus. I have one for stihl 3003 mount but husky large mount are readily available too!
Small mount 20", 3/8, .058

1-L.jpg

NC Cutter

NC Cutter

ArboristSite Operative
That was when mistreared by loggers, as I understand it.

They aren't meant as pry-bars...

Okay, so they're durable to a degree, but not as much as a power match?

I'd definitely be a buyer @ $45 if they really go for that. Daddy is on a budget with a new one on the way.

BTW, thanks for all the info and replies.

Derf

Addicted to ArboristSite
A 24" super bar costs right around $80. LW bars are always a higher premium.

He wants $90 for the 24" solid RSN Tsumura and $117 for a Tsumura L&T 24" D009. $15 shipping to the states. It is an extra special premium to consider that I could wear out 3 Laser/Oregon/Forester bars before the Tsumura pays for itself.

Latest posts