Line Clearance worker attacked by drug crazed H.O.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is good to glimpse your six periodically, especially after something like that, but your right TreeCo, staring can bring it on.

I'm not sure of his status; neither the police, nor the SA office has contacted me yet.

I did receive five phone calls in a row yesterday within 10-15 minutes, all an "UNKNOWN" number, and never a message left.

Makes me wonder if he didn't somehow get my information, because crazy phone activity like that is uncharacteristic these days.

Who knows, right?

The Coop flagged his account, and I'm to steer clear of the area for a couple of weeks.

We are still watching our six though in case he starts stalking with a vehicle waiting for an opportunity. We aren't consumed with it, just paying attention to our surrounding a bit more than usual.

I would say that what is left of this guy's brains is very much like dead pine.

utility forestry can be difficult, thats for sure! we are providing a safe and reliable source of power for customers who should have listened when i said REMOVAL! thats my favorite word when discussing most trees with customers. I can be very persuasive at times :) obviously, we dont like to remove huge trees that dont need to be, but anything under the lines is game in my book... i just wish i could convince all those people to remove any pine under the line, as we all know topping a pine is against everything, but no signature, no removal :( job security i guess!

It happens alot

You have no idea how many times (atleast twice a day) when we are clearing utility lines we deal with home owners. We have actually been given permission to warn them about staying outside of our personal comfort zone and if not we have permission to subdue the character using reasonable force.

The last bunch they tried to send out made a comment they were going to cut the locks off my gate and I over the phone told him that would be a huge mistake. I had already informed them boyz that I trim my own lines and I think they thought yeah right, I told him leave my gate alone and he would be getting a call in ten minutes by his supervisor saying the same.
I trimmed my own set my own poles they wanted to put their lock on my gate but I explained that they would never have any maintenance issues except in the event of a big storm and that I would have the lines clear before they got there. The lineman that connected my service told them he is more than equipped and qualified to do his own work as I don't want illegals on my property eyeballing to steal later.

The last bunch they tried to send out made a comment they were going to cut the locks off my gate and I over the phone told him that would be a huge mistake. I had already informed them boyz that I trim my own lines and I think they thought yeah right, I told him leave my gate alone and he would be getting a call in ten minutes by his supervisor saying the same.
I trimmed my own set my own poles they wanted to put their lock on my gate but I explained that they would never have any maintenance issues except in the event of a big storm and that I would have the lines clear before they got there. The lineman that connected my service told them he is more than equipped and qualified to do his own work as I don't want illegals on my property eyeballing to steal later.

LOL! I trim my own lines too. Not only am I a contractor, I'm a member.

I don't blame you...when I grow up someday, I'm getting my own gate too.

Back