Loading some wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moved some cuts to the woodpile, was hoping to saw it up, but too hot today, or I'm just too old. Phone pics and hard to see screen in sunlight.

241794d1339788759-loadinwood1-jpg

241795d1339788809-loadinwood2-jpg

:msp_thumbup:

What kind of wood?

Last edited:
Don't give up! Next time it will work. :rock:

But what I don't understand, you have double wheels in the front and on the back for low ground damage and then you load and pull your trailer back home with, I would guess, at least a ton of wood with single tires. Why then the doubles?

Why then the doubles?

for tractive effort. light tractor, heavy load = wheel spin.....al

Last edited:
Don't give up! Next time it will work. :rock:

But what I don't understand, you have double wheels in the front and on the back for low ground damage and then you load and pull your trailer back home with, I would guess, at least a ton of wood with single tires. Why then the doubles?

Not necessaarily for low ground pressure, but for stability on the steep hillsides dragging out wood. Another reason, nobody else has one like it, priceless. :clap:View attachment 241836

Nice set-up . What brand is that wagon ? I would like to get something that size to tow behind my little Kubota . Are you using clamp on forks to lift the logs ? Can't really tell in the pics . If so how are they working out for you ? I would like a set of those as well .

The wagon is made by Kory, then my brother and I made the bed and installed a Load Handler on the back to unload the wagon. I made the forks, they have a bracket that hooks over the lip of the bucket and a chain that comes under the bucket and fastens to slotted brackets that are welded to the back of the bucket.

I keep looking but have yet to find a local dealer that carries any kind of smaller wagon . My brother-inlaw has one from Northern that he keeps a water tank on . But every time I look at it the front axles look more and more bent . I don't want anything too big . I have already had the fun ride a too heavy trailer or wagon can give you going down a steep hill . Definite pucker factor when you are standing on the brakes and getting pushed down the hill .

Might try contacting EZ-trail in Il., maybe they can direct you to nearest dealer. You could also contact Kory, EZ-trail compact wagon is really similar to the Kory except you have to get the optional size tires to equal what comes on the Kory. Just the Kory running gear was $575, but after checking the Northern Tools wagon, I was willing to pay the difference. I have hauled a 450 gal. tank of water on mine with no sign of weakness, like you said going down a grade there was quite a pucker factor going on.

Back