Locked up 066 - head scratcher lol

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bridog

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Have an 066 that needed the oil worm gear replaced and also did a dual port muffler at the same time. I pulled it apart quick replaced the worm gear, put the muffler on, took all the covers off to clean up, then reassembled. I go to pull the rope and its locked up tight. What... I inspect it, try some more and it appears locked. So I'm thinking somehow the ring hung up, or junk got in the cylindar, or who knows when I fed the rope in to take the clutch off or when fitting the muffler.

I pull the side cover off and pull the drum so I can try and back the piston down with the crank shaft stub. Nope barely jiggles and makes a clunking noise. So I pull the plug and muffler to try and look what going on. Nothing looks weird.

So on a whim I remove the top cover as I took it off earlier. Sure enough there are 2 longer screws and 1 shorter screw. I put a longer screw in the front flywheel side that stuck through enough to hit the flywheel, locking it up. Never paid attention to these screws before...

Ugggh. Some days. All's fine in the end. I should know better than dinking with this at night.

Back