Logging pictures of my father and me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traktorist2222

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello,

here some pictures of my father and me working in our forest or making firewood!

Me cutting with Stihl MS 361:

100_3240.jpg

100_3242.jpg

Father felling with MS 361

100_3228.jpg

The spruce didn't fall - cutting a pivot:

100_3231.jpg

100_3246.jpg

Great pictures and a nice collection of saws! Always nice to see pictures from overseas, too.

If you ever feel like exporting a handful of non-US Dolmar parts like a couple sets of the red covers (all we can get are the black ones anymore) and a few sets of the smaller bucking spikes, I'd love to get my hands on some!

Nice. Nice everything. Nice saws, tractor, splitter, Dad, trailer, logs, stack of firewood, everything.

Nice pics too. Keep up the good work. I really like your saw "arsenal". You are prepared for most anything.

mark

Wow

Dude those are some awesome pics. I wanna go over to Germany soooo bad and check it out. That is one monstrous Beech that's down there... Thanks for the pics and send some more out eh?

:cheers:

Yes very cool pictures. I noticed the wood was cut to pretty long lengths. What are you using for a heating source? An outdoor wood boiler?

Me with another beech I made firewood from and my Dolmar PS 7900:

050607-1.jpg

More will follow, if you like them!

No need for hiding behind the tree Martin, your equipment is top notch and most liked in uncle sam country !!

fyi . Firewood in Germany is mostly cut in meter length (Meterholz)for drying. Much easier to stack, I guess. When dry, they use the circular firewood saw or chainsaw to cut it to woodstove size.

We make the wood dry on the length of 1 meter and cut it then on 33 cm for our oven. But in Germany many people have an oven that can use 1 meter pieces.

The spruces are sold for boards and bars (are these the right words) to saw mills. They grew in our own forest. That's no special plantage, it's like most of the black forest where I come from looks like.

I will post more pictures the next days.

Here are more pictures!

These are from August 2004 and show my father and my uncle cutting wood fallen by a storm. The chainsaw is a MS 660, almost new at that time.

100_0060.jpg

100_0059.jpg

100_0058.jpg

100_0057.jpg

100_0056.jpg

100_0055.jpg

100_0054-1.jpg

100_0053.jpg

Latest posts

Back