Logging pictures of my father and me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firewood in Germany is mostly cut in meter length (Meterholz)for drying. Much easier to stack, I guess. When dry, they use the circular firewood saw or chainsaw to cut it to woodstove size.

Hi,

that`s right.

Roteiche:)

Sorry for the delay, here are more pictures from last weeks!!

100_3252.jpg

100_3255.jpg

100_3257.jpg

100_3259.jpg

Not our wood, but impressive:
100_3245-1.jpg

It is going in paper industry.

100_3247-1.jpg

Nice saws.

Great pictures .Thank-you Martin. Looks a great part of the world.
Hope the New Year is good for you ,your dad an family.
Do you recommend the Dolmar 79 for limbing an bucking ? Does it outdo the 361 by much ? How much differance in weight between 7900 and the 361 ?
:cheers:

Pics

I lived in Germany for six years (best 6 of my life ) all of Germany is beautiful the German folk have impeccable taste and look after everthing like they owned it personally. The beer is the best as well as the food. The girls?? Lets just say i brought one back with me ha.ha. Great pictures, i just got back after vacation to see the "outlaws" near BADEN-BADEN. Not too sure about running a Stihl while wearing a Husky hard top though,Lol. Kinda have to have one half of the noodle thinking Husky thoughts and the other Stihl thoughts might make for a headache. I priced a 026 while there in Germany and couldn't believe the cost compared to here but i know this has been discussed in detail here so its D.O.A. Cutting with your dad; now thats priceless. Keep those pics coming love to see any pictures of Germany.

Doc

Last edited:
Great pictures .Thank-you Martin. Looks a great part of the world.
Hope the New Year is good for you ,your dad an family.
Do you recommend the Dolmar 79 for limbing an bucking ? Does it outdo the 361 by much ? How much differance in weight between 7900 and the 361 ?
:cheers:

Hello,

I also wish you a good new year. I very recommend the 7900, it is very powerful and leightweight. The only negative thing is a bit high fuel consume. Of course it is much stronger than MS 361.

Hello,

the last weeks we had almost noot much days with over 0°C, yesterday we had about -5°C while working (the car information system said that).

Here are some pictures taken yesterday.

100_3315.jpg

100_3317.jpg

100_3319.jpg

100_3320.jpg

Just curious.The road is paved and you have cut wood lying on it,is it some kind of public road?

Those are farm land access roads and biking/walking trails as well. Pretty much every road/path/trail is paved in Germany, we would use them to avoid Stau's or traffic jams (100-500 vehicles ) on the Autobahn. You would not believe how smooth they are either and clean. I can bet that these guys cutting wood will leave the road/trail in better condition than when they arrived to cut wood. Its all pride ( and a huge fine if caught leaving bits of wood etc... on it. Great pictures, love to see Germany country-side.

Doc

Those are farm land access roads and biking/walking trails as well. Pretty much every road/path/trail is paved in Germany, we would use them to avoid Stau's or traffic jams (100-500 vehicles ) on the Autobahn. You would not believe how smooth they are either and clean. I can bet that these guys cutting wood will leave the road/trail in better condition than when they arrived to cut wood. Its all pride ( and a huge fine if caught leaving bits of wood etc... on it. Great pictures, love to see Germany country-side.

Doc

:laugh: It's a forestry road but not much used. And no, we didn't clean it after cutting on it. This road was paved last spring, so it's still in good condition.

Back