Logging pictures of my father and me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Martin

Martin,it is the 9th picture down from the top of the page.The trees that seem have been blown over as they have a big area of soil on the root system.What species is that/
Thanks
Lawrence

John Deere is market leader in Germany! Most tractors sold in my home country are made by JD. Most tractors are developed and built in Mannheim and Bruchsal, just the big 7030s and 8030s are imported from US.

Some more milling pics from yesterday!

Sgewerk080410-3.jpg

Sgewerk080410-4.jpg

Sgewerk080410-1.jpg

Sgewerk080410-2.jpg

Those are farm land access roads and biking/walking trails as well. Pretty much every road/path/trail is paved in Germany, we would use them to avoid Stau's or traffic jams (100-500 vehicles ) on the Autobahn. You would not believe how smooth they are either and clean. I can bet that these guys cutting wood will leave the road/trail in better condition than when they arrived to cut wood. Its all pride ( and a huge fine if caught leaving bits of wood etc... on it. Great pictures, love to see Germany country-side.

Doc

bt your land access, hiking trails, etc, are smoother than half the roads in the USA :cry:

I did'nt read the whole thread, but I noticed you have license plates on you tractor? :dizzy:

I'm guessing you must have to have plates on tractors in Germany. Thats pretty wild.

Yep, that's a licence plate. Don't you need that in US for tractors? We have to register every vehicle that uses roads (cars, tractors, trucks, motor cycles ...) and pay taxes and insurance for it. Just vehicles used by farmers and in forestry are tax-free, because of that they have a green licence plate instead of a black one...

Latest posts

Back