Logging pictures of my father and me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What shall I say? I prefer my Husqvarna 346 XPG. Smoother run, more power, more torque, more RPM, less weight, better handling... The Stihl is a good saw for sure, but the Husky is much better in my opinion.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:. Wheres Troll when you need em!!

That 261 sure is nice to look at. Not a primer bulb in sight and sitting up right fully erect just like a manly saw should. A 346 would have fallen over limp and leaked out of its squezee bulb in no time. And whats that!- the clutch cover is the same colour as the rest of the saw! Quality all the way

That 261 sure is nice to look at. Not a primer bulb in sight and sitting up right fully erect just like a manly saw should. A 346 would have fallen over limp and leaked out of its squezee bulb in no time. And whats that!- the clutch cover is the same colour as the rest of the saw! Quality all the way

I don't need a saw to look at, but to work with!

... and also a Husky can have a good stand on a tree. :greenchainsaw:

27022009142.jpg

I am glad you still like my pictures. :)

What shall I say? I prefer my Husqvarna 346 XPG. Smoother run, more power, more torque, more RPM, less weight, better handling... The Stihl is a good saw for sure, but the Husky is much better in my opinion.

Hallo Martin.....I hear the thunder rolling from Waiblingen to Lörrach....LOL

Schöne Bilder, wie immer ! :clap:

Read: Please help me I have been made a complete tool for stihl. Everything they say and do is right. I will rescind my comments or forget about them ever having been made if there is a primer bulb in the future on a 261.

Read: Please help me I have been made a complete tool for stihl. Everything they say and do is right. I will rescind my comments or forget about them ever having been made if there is a primer bulb in the future on a 261.

I promise I will tattoo a Big orange 'H' logo on my nut sack if there is a primer bulb on the MS261.

thankfully there isn't!
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IiIaHBpPvVI"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IiIaHBpPvVI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

I actually started out as a Husky guy when I came here. I bought one Husky saw that Husqvarna sold with a defective carb and would not warranty. So now I own One defective Husqvarna saw and Eight peices of totally problem free Stihl equipment.

Mostly, I am just poking fun though. I would own a 372 or 395 given the chance, but Stihl earned my purchases one at a time by making stuff that doesn't break at cheaper prices than Husky.

I actually started out as a Husky guy when I came here. I bought one Husky saw that Husqvarna sold with a defective carb and would not warranty. So now I own One defective Husqvarna saw and Eight peices of totally problem free Stihl equipment.

Mostly, I am just poking fun though. I would own a 372 or 395 given the chance, but Stihl earned my purchases one at a time by making stuff that doesn't break at cheaper prices than Husky.

Yes, cheaper prices in canada. But not in the good ole USA!

Just poking back alittle bit back! LOL

Cheers mate and lift a pint, or five for me! :cheers:

Mike

I promise I will tattoo a Big orange 'H' logo on my nut sack if there is a primer bulb on the MS261.

thankfully there isn't!
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IiIaHBpPvVI"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IiIaHBpPvVI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

You better get your favorite Tatoo Artist lined up and send us pictures!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeLXEZX4nLY&NR=1 (5:05 into the video)

I agree, bulbs are another possible problem waiting to happen. If you can't cycle a cold saw a few times you should buy an electric one. Stihl makes those too.

You better get your favorite Tatoo Artist lined up and send us pictures!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeLXEZX4nLY&NR=1 (5:05 into the video)

I agree, bulbs are another possible problem waiting to happen. If you can't cycle a cold saw a few times you should buy an electric one. Stihl makes those too.

From that video: The new 261 has an Innovative antivibe system???:ices_rofl:
Innovative definition: advanced, ahead of the times. :cheers:

Indeed. There are 261s with primer bulbs, as pointed out by porsche965!!! Grazie!

Stihl views it as something they should charge extra money for.

Stihl loves to call technology that's 1+ decades old, designed by someone else, innovative.

Thank you all for your nice comments! :clap:

Yes, I had a PS 4600 but it became damaged. Then I bought that 346 XPG and I am happy with it.

The numbers on the logs tell the volume of each log. First number is length in meters and second/bottom number is diameter in middle of each log.

Our forest work is always "family action". The man cutting the storm-broken spruces with MS 660 is my uncle, he often helps father and me.

Nice pics,i like the look of your beach trees,no bark,easy to split and soft as butter to cut,you probably dont own a chain file.:)

Back