logging show

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey MIke what was the time in the 26" wood with the Art Martin 090?? You should have particapted in the "Bull of the woods" event.

Yea, I think that was a West Bend. You know that I am not much good with motors Marky. I just picked it up at a garage sale or some such and ran it. I guess I will have to look around some more because it came in fourth. Mike

That saw sure looks good nicely presentd as well these i believe were fair competition against the earlier Mc's, i think a few were raced out here in OZ according to my old mate Gordon Clarke a Stihl dealer who had his Mc 101 painted in Stihl colours as the locals complained about a non Stihl product winning so Gordon just repainted his Mc and all was sweet.
Later i knocked Gordon off at Eden in a race with my Mc 91b/1 by a fair margin.

Mc Bob.

That spiffy lookin Westbend looks a lot like one Art Martin posted some time ago,then again,there may be two of a kind.

Al Smith said:
That spiffy lookin Westbend looks a lot like one Art Martin posted some time ago,then again,there may be two of a kind.

Al that is Art's and it's a strong saw from the report I got the other night, It's to bad it didn't make it to longview.

Way back in the glory days of 2 cycle karting,it was a 3 way race between Power Products,Westbend and McCulloch.The PP's and Westbends had the grunt but the Macs had that super rpms.You could tell what they were running just by listening to the engines whine.In the eary days,before expansion chamber pipes they ran megaphone headers.They would blow the wax out of your ears ,for sure.You can still find the Mac engines ,what happened to the other 2,I haven't a clue.I do think,however,you can still buy a US/Superbee 820.

Yes i know about megaphones i fitted one to one of my race saws and wasn't allowed to run it, now thats noise polluction big time even with ear muffs on they still hurt.

The other fellas told me to xxxx off and take my noisy saw home. Spoilt sports.

Mc Bob.

Latest posts

Back