Looking for a 660 or 880 for milling, is this a scam?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this ad on craigslist:
STIHL MS 880 Magnum

When I got a reply email from the seller I was told that it could be purchased from there website which is overstockcountlessdeals.com
Here is a link to the web page:
STIHL MS 880 Magnum - OverstockCountlessDeals

What do you guys think??? I am betting this is a scam website.

I say scam. The clip art photo doesn't look like a 880 and the photos of the power head in box I've seen on an Ebay listing from a guy: Custom Stihl Chain Saw MS880 Hot Saw Custom High Performance Chainsaw New | eBay

Scam 1000%
Not to impressed with the Green dot ....for security reasons.With Pay Pal you have many options of recourse if needed.
Here is an excerpt from Green dot.

Never give your MoneyPak number to someone you don’t know.
Never give receipt information about your MoneyPak purchase to another party.
Use your MoneyPak only to reload your prepaid cards or accounts you control.
Refuse any offer that asks you to buy a MoneyPak and share the number or receipt information by email or phone.
To use your MoneyPak with PayPal or eBay or other online merchants, transfer the money to your PayPal account before you pay the merchant. Don’t email your MoneyPak number directly to any merchant.
Don’t use the MoneyPak to pay taxes or fees to claim “winnings” on a foreign lottery or prize promotion. Unless it’s an approved MoneyPak partner, don’t use MoneyPak for any offer that requires you to pay before you get the item.
Check this list of approved MoneyPak partners before you use your MoneyPak to pay.

All in all overstockcountlessdeals is asking you to break rules that Green dot asked you not to.
Hope this helps
G Vavra

I love the way that you can request a phone call from them but you cannot ring them.

I got suckered in with purchasing a video projector globe from a website like that a few years ago. When I went back to try and contact them there was no phone number I could call - just an email address in hong kong.

There was one near me posted on craigslist too. But.the website was listed as closeoutdiscounthome...something or other. It was supposed to.be outta Indiana, I called the number listed and couldn't get hold of anyone. They Also wanted the purchaser to get a greendot card then entering in the card info into the website. I hemmed and hawed over the site, then that ut feeling told me no. As others told me it sounds to good to be true.

I'm no fool and I don't part with my money easy

Yep. 6-7 yrs ago. There was a site called ww.Surplusstore.co

Bought a 9 piece DeWalt kit for $450. Got scammed. Been pizzed off ever since. Shame on me. I should have seen the red flags. I have since bought a 5 piece kit that was a lil more than $450.

Fast forward to last night. I seen the 880 CL ad. Emailed asking for pics and get a reply back, stating I had to buy through this crooked @s$ site, that has the same exact products and same exact prices from 7 yrs ago.

I returned a very friendly email :msp_biggrin: this morning (30 min ago). Thanking him for stealing from me. I then wanted to do more research on this idiot. I dont know if it's the same D bag, but the site looks exactly the same.

He is a thief, a fraud, and doesn't deserve the air that we breathe. His site has only been up for 2 weeks. Another 2-4 weeks and it will be gone. Just a bunch of links to people asking where this place went? Where there money went? Etc?

I was a sucker... Never again. I got PayPal directly after and its my preferred method of payment.

Cheers :msp_angry:

Back