Looking for a 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new or nearly new 7900. There's no Dolmar dealers where I live in MT. I'd like to try one. Does anyone have one they're looking to sell? Post here, PM me or email at [email protected].

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited:
I have one that I have been using as a demo, it's my own personal saw and it's slightly used (broken in). I want to put a heated handle version into demo service and will sell my current demo for way less than MSRP with a 20" bar and chain. I will have to wait until tuesday to get an exact price.

cruiser said:

I think the original poster of the thread should have dibs, and if you read sedanman's response, he will have a price next week. Start you own thread if you want one......

sedanman said:
I have one that I have been using as a demo, it's my own personal saw and it's slightly used (broken in). I want to put a heated handle version into demo service and will sell my current demo for way less than MSRP with a 20" bar and chain. I will have to wait until tuesday to get an exact price.

How much extra weight does the 7900 heated handle version have? I like the idea.

This saw is like new, maybe 10 to 15 tanks. 20" Dolmar bar Oregon round chisel chain (was on a demonstrator saw so there's about 3-4 sharpenings left) $560.00 and $15.00 to ship in the U.S. (will go UPS ground)

B_Turner said:
How much extra weight does the 7900 heated handle version have? I like the idea.

If it is like with Husky and Stihl, it is probably about .2 kg (or about 6-7 ounces) on a saw that size.

Last edited:
sedanman said:
This saw is like new, maybe 10 to 15 tanks. 20" Dolmar bar Oregon round chisel chain (was on a demonstrator saw so there's about 3-4 sharpenings left) $560.00 and $15.00 to ship in the U.S. (will go UPS ground)

Consider me at the end of the line. Thinking I need a second 7900.

Sed,

Thanks for the great price! It makes me want to buy a second one. I have one coming that I got through a member here. I paid more... That's an awesome deal!

Thanks,

Jim

That's a good price. If I didn't just go on a parts saw buying frenzy, i'd snag that one up for a spare one. Somebody is gonna get a great deal here!

Now I want a second one too!! :jester:

I was cutting with mine for a couple hours today.
I actually put a 20" Bar on it, and you cannot BELIEVE how nice it cuts,
super light for such power.
Another weird thing, it actually has less vibration in the cut than idling.
Even buried, cant bog it down, cutting hickory and red oak. :clap:

Sed,

Thanks for the great price! It makes me want to buy a second one. I have one coming that I got through a member here. I paid more... That's an awesome deal!

Thanks,

Jim

So is this one spoken for? I am not quite sure reading this email.

All you guys in line for this saw, please note that the economy is about to collapse and you will all be sorry if you buy this saw. I will do Sedanman a favor and take it off his hands, however, if y'all see the light and fuggedaboudit. :)

Latest posts

Back