Looking for a BIG WINCH

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ducaticorse

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
To mount to my F600 Chip truck, my C7500 Line truck, and my C6500 log truck, mainly for pull overs, lifting, and getting logs in reach of the loader faster. Looked on ebay, din't see more than typical jeep winches. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

To mount to my F600 Chip truck, my C7500 Line truck, and my C6500 log truck, mainly for pull overs, lifting, and getting logs in reach of the loader faster. Looked on ebay, din't see more than typical jeep winches. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Try cummins tool or northern if you have them where your at I BOUGHT A 10000 LB WINCH for around 350 at cummins tool!

Try some of the gov surplus auction sites. Might be able to get a winch of a duece and a half truck.

Thanks folks. Yes, I was looking for a large front bumber combo winch like you see on a 5 ton or 2.5.

the milatary ones are pto drives, superwinch,smitybuilt, warn have 12v dc models 10k+ . ramsey has some pretty big planitarys to.

Last edited:
Surplus Center has several winches listed Hydraulic Electric and PTO. Ive converted several pto winches over to hydraulic. I might know a few truck salvage yards here that hve some old oil feild tgrucks with smaller auxhilary winches.

I have a friend who has a 45,000 lb hydraulic winch for sale. It's like new, and comes with approx 200' of 7/8" cable.

It's a gov't surplus winch off the back of a M920 Truck. He's asking $1k for it (which is a STEAL! Uncle Sugar paid $25K for it!).

If you're interested, pm me and I'll send you his phone #.

Andy

Last edited:
Mile marker has a new 18k winch with wide drum option that holds 168' of 1/2" cable . Its hydraulic so you can have 100% duty cycle. DO NOT GO ELECTRIC for what you plan to do with it. It wouldn't be able to hang. hydraulic is the way to go. I just got an old midmark trencher to use to mount this very winch to for moving big rocks and logs for gold dredging.

I have a hydraulic winch on the front of my bucket truck I bought off a utility company..it might be an 83'..but I'll put my truck up against anyones new truck..it runs off the pto and its slow b/c of the gearing, but I have pulled 20' logs over 24" in diameter up hill and it doesnt even burb..pm me and I'll go over and look to see who makes the winch..its a whole front bumper extension..goes out a good foot or 2 from the front of the truck..I'll find a pic and post it so you can see what I mean..I dont use it very often..but god..when you need it..its AWESOME..

Latest posts

Back