looking for a m-tronic parts list to convert a regular carb 462 to m-tronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Them silly old timers how did they do it without mtron or fuel injection or even the internet's? it's a mystery?...
One thing is for sure the old timers didn’t do is wear silly stupid 3 times to big leather gloves for a few hrs work with a saw a year like yourself 😆

Yeah... Real men, tough guys, carry a screw driver and adjust their carburetors. All others, like those that wear work gloves, hearing protection, eye protection, etc, not real men, or so you like to think.

How about this young pioneer below. Envy of his robustness, his entrepreneurial ways, his F'm all, I smash cause I can. :laughing:

1680270768138.png

Them silly old timers how did they do it without mtron or fuel injection or even the internet's? it's a mystery?...
One thing is for sure the old timers didn’t do is wear silly stupid 3 times to big leather gloves for a few hrs work with a saw a year like yourself 😆
how come cant pm you????? thanks.............

The 462c my dealer had yesterday was listed at $1349 with a 20. You may be able to get 1k or more for your 462. I wouldn’t buy the non mtronic personally but you may find a buyer. How old is your saw?

Only thing mtronic carb saws are cutting is regrowth/saplings lol
All the main hard work has been done decades ago and it was all done with axes and a misery whip then adjustable carb saws finished off the rest...
And now day's guy's go on as if a manual adjustable carb saw is useless! or is it men are just getting more useless? 🤔

View attachment 1070962View attachment 1070963

Imagine the whining and sulking if "men" actually had to work hard for a living now days like hang off a buzzsaw cutting firewood 😆 that's my dad early 70's all the firewood cutters used buzzsaws back in the day here...
View attachment 1070964
View attachment 1070965
How did they get those to market? Or they process them on the spot? They would reject trees around here that are smaller than those.

Only thing mtronic carb saws are cutting is regrowth/saplings lol
All the main hard work has been done decades ago and it was all done with axes and a misery whip then adjustable carb saws finished off the rest...
And now day's guy's go on as if a manual adjustable carb saw is useless! or is it men are just getting more useless? 🤔

View attachment 1070962View attachment 1070963

Imagine the whining and sulking if "men" actually had to work hard for a living now days like hang off a buzzsaw cutting firewood 😆 that's my dad early 70's all the firewood cutters used buzzsaws back in the day here...
View attachment 1070964
View attachment 1070965
I'd bet any one of them would have gladly traded for any version of a "modern" saw. Technology changes. I don't think anyone really thinks regular carb saws are terrible, but most can appreciate that life got that little bit easier with the mtronic/autotune saws. It's not like we're all still driving model t ford's anymore either, and modern vehicles are way more complicated then any of these saws.

I'd bet any one of them would have gladly traded for any version of a "modern" saw. Technology changes. I don't think anyone really thinks regular carb saws are terrible, but most can appreciate that life got that little bit easier with the mtronic/autotune saws. It's not like we're all still driving model t ford's anymore either, and modern vehicles are way more complicated then any of these saws.
IMG_0005.JPEGIMG_0004.JPEGIMG_0006.JPEG

The saw is still in great shape

Did the magnum sticker make it run better? I hear that’s good for mho powah!
...no it doesn't... but I did a MM, timing advance, base gasket to .021 and a slight grind on the exhaust port of the jug to widen it as well as remove the limiters on the carb to tune it properly. So that's why I threw the stickers on - but I still want an m-tronic for my uses.

Back