Looking for good advise on buying a bucket...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can I ask why?

Why a rear mount? So the truck is not under the tree and you can take more free shots.

Why no chip box? The above answer bcs a chip box cannot give a rear mount and also without a chip box you can wiggle into a lot of lawns with a lighter unit for more use and more production. Also you can be picking while they are chipping.....no brainer. If you are working off the road all the time (utility) then maybe get the chip box but I see them with the rear mounts all the time now.

It is all about speed and moving on the next job or going home and laying on the couch in front of the big screen.

Why a rear mount? So the truck is not under the tree and you can take more free shots.

Why no chip box? The above answer bcs a chip box cannot give a rear mount and also without a chip box you can wiggle into a lot of lawns with a lighter unit for more use and more production. Also you can be picking while they are chipping.....no brainer. If you are working off the road all the time (utility) then maybe get the chip box but I see them with the rear mounts all the time now.

It is all about speed and moving on the next job or going home and laying on the couch in front of the big screen.

makes sense...an older guy around here just grabbed himself a rear mount w/no box and I was wondering why because his chip truck is a piece of ####.

Could I expect to pay a bit less or the same?

thanks

There are a lot of variables but if you could find the 2 exact same trucks with same mileage and hours then it makes sense the non hydraulic chip box would be cheaper.

I buy utility trucks and chop off the boxes for easy movement and less weight. Also around here if you have locked boxes somebody is gonna pry them open.

Back