Looking for parts that don't exist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red11

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I got an old Husky 162 SE and I only have one problem with it, the fuel tank cap is the old style with a rubber check valve in it that lets air in but keeps the fuel from dribbling out. Well, the rubber seal is broken and so I need a new cap, unfortunately the vented caps don't exist any more and I can't find one. Heres the part, https://store.chainsawr.com/collections/husqvarna/products/husqvarna-61-fuel-cap-type-1-vented as you can see it's sold out. Does anyone have a way to get one, and if thats not possible, what combination of parts can I use to just drill a hole and make my own vent?

Thanks everyone,
Red

If we can see the old one, we could see if it is possible to put in a duckbill valve, or possibly a Stihl umbrella type valve.
Never knew they were called umbrella valves and so I googled it, look's like this is the part that is broken in my cap.
https://www.ebay.com/i/283552678837?chn=psI think I can buy one of these and fix it without needing a whole new cap.

I don't have access to the saw right now, but in the ebay picture you can see a bulge in the tail sticking out of the middle, that part just pops into a hole in the centre of the cap. I didn't even know that was a part you could buy so I didn't try searching for it. I'm pretty certain this will fix my issue though.

Was the orange umbrella seal an OEM Husqvarna setup? First one I have seen.
I don't recall having run across that type either and even the ipl shows a tethered cap and typical separate vent setup on the other side of the tank.
The cap pictured in the link does appear to be , on the front side anyway, the usual looking style for that saw.
I looked at mine and it also has a similar cap but no tether/no valve and no provisions to attach either.

Op, you should look to see if your tank is also vented on the opposite side from the cap, maybe the vented cap is from another saw model and redundant...

Back