looking for some imput

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big wood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
:confused: i got ask what i would charge to just cut and drop 20 acres of woods with no clean-up. anything from little to pretty big trees , i have a price in mind but i was hoping to get some imput on what some of you other guys would charge to do something like this.

I'd give him a daily rate for a feller and swamper(helper). My minimum daily rate for easy on the ground felling is 300 bucks, another 100 for the swamper.

You should be able to do about an acre a day, so around 9K will give you a 1K cushion. If you finish early, only charge him for the days worked, all parties should be happy.

Charge him 400 bucks for one day, see how much you can get done, then firm up the contract price based on the results.

Hard to go wrong with a daily rate contract.

jomoco

I still am all for the rate of sorts wither it be hourly or daily. I have done this sort work a couple of times and the the hourly rate is what I chose to do worked quite well. The customer was happy and I was richer. All was well.
Jared

I would go with an hourly rate. That way it doesn't matter what you run into, you're getting payed the same. If the guy doesn't want you he can fire you anytime, just punch out and tell him to pay up.

Latest posts

Back