Looking for the correct intake flange for a Husly 359 w/ a WALBRO HDA-199 carb....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRHAWK9

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking for the correct intake flange to use for the Walbro HDA-199 carb which came on the 359's before they changed to the Zama carbs. I guess the carb adjustments are in a sightly different location on the two carbs necessitating the different flanges. I think the part number for the Walbro fitted one is 503 92 85-01 while the updated part number for the one which fits the Zama carb is 503 92 85-02.

Does anybody know where I can find one? If I go to order one new, they seem to automatically change it to the new part number, which means it's for the Zama carb.

thanks!

thanks, that's what I thought it was but when I try to find it online it's normally followed by "This number has been replaced; click the link to the new number below. Replaced By: 503928502" This is the one for the Zama.

Any idea where one can get one? Who knows, maybe the replacement one (02) will work with the Walbro. I've read that it needed to be updated because they had to make room for the larger plastic tabs on the jets on the Zama. So maybe it's a case of the 02 will work for both carbs but the 01 will -only- work on the Walbro.

Last edited:
SB, 357 XP, 359, Introduction of new carburetor for better idling stability,
2008-10

To achieve better idling quality, a new carburetor has been introduced in the production. The new name of the carburetor is Zama C3-EL42, replacing Walbro HDA199A/B and HDA191A.

New part number for the carb is 505203001.

Also, requires a different flange, part number 503928502.

Introduced from serial numbers:
357XP 083800001
359 084500001

The same changes was done on the 2156 and 2159.

If the new flange didn't fit the Warbro carb, the SB likely would have said that the old one would still be availiable as a spare part.

Last edited:
yeah, I've read that before....but I'm getting rid of the OEM Zama and going to a Walbro HDA-199 on my ported 346XP, this is why I may need the older style flange that was used with the Walbro.

Back