LOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooonnnggg!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, you just cut off the nose and put in a new one. The 72" becomes a 66" bar, and gets shorter every year. :)

Hahaha! You know I bet that sprocket takes a hell of a beating too with all those cutters in the wood. I know it would be tough to use that bar very much, but I would not be surprised to see a very early failure compared to shorter bars.

We'll have to ask Brad after he puts a couple hundred hours on it:cheers:

:jawdrop: That's just what I need to cut bundles of landscape timbers to length.

There's a place near me that will hand file any chain for 5 dollars flat, no matter the length.
I would love to see the looks on their faces if Brad walks in there with saw.

There's a place near me that will hand file any chain for 5 dollars flat, no matter the length.
I would love to see the looks on their faces if Brad walks in there with saw.

Hand filing is not that bad as long as the teeth aren't boogered to bad from some metal. I usually hit my teeth on my chains a couple licks after each use and check the rakers every few uses. Usually on a well maitained chain a couple to three lite strokes and it's sharper than ever.

I do believe that the roller is replacable. It's my understanding that the chain doesn't ride on the end of the bar itself. Therefore not much bar wear. The chain rides on the bottom of the groove of the roller. WDO

I do believe that the roller is replacable. It's my understanding that the chain doesn't ride on the end of the bar itself. Therefore not much bar wear. The chain rides on the bottom of the groove of the roller. WDO

That could be. There is one rivet that goes through the center of the roller. The DLs ride on the roller and do not touch the tip of the bar.

Back