Lubing the 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMBetz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The owner/operator manual for the 372XP/365/362XP shows that the needle bearings in the clutch assembly should be greased. I can't seem to get any grease in via the shown method -- grease gun on the end of the shaft. There does not seem to be any channel to send the grease where it needs to go, which certainly explains why it doesn't go anywhere but all over the end of the grease gun nozzle. No such problem on the 346XP. What gives?

Hi Christian, how`s the family?

You are right, there is no channel on any 371/372 that I have seen. Some other Huskies have it which is especially nice on the outboard clutch models but you know how simple it is to pop the clutch off and get at the bearing on the 372. Besides, Fish said that you never have to lube them as long as you run Av gas and synthetic oil at 16:1.

Russ

Hey, Russ!

The family is doing well. We seem to finally have a little bit of a pattern for sleeping and eating, which is a lot less stressful.

I'm just curious why they have it in the manual. I guess they forgot to take it out when the design changed in 19XX.

Hi 372xp owners,

Listen,I'am no repairman.The procedure is simple on mine.

Pull the retainer clip and remove the rim sprocket and washer.

Clutch cover easily pulls off the shaft revealing the needle bearing.

Rick

Back