LUCAS SLABBER...To clutch or not to clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banderso

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the Lucas slabber attachment uses a centrifugal clutch or does it atttach from shaft to harvester sprocket to chain???

I am building a four stroke home grown and considering different drive options (safety is a big concern).

If you were using a lawn mower engine lots of them have a electric clutch on them. You would need to run a v belt to a jack shaft with the sprocket on it which would keep the engine more out of the way of the logs. Steve

Sounds good

I will do just that. I am running a 10HP belted to the jack shaft with a harvester sprocket. Thanks for your input!

Does anybody know if the Lucas slabber attachment uses a centrifugal clutch or does it atttach from shaft to harvester sprocket to chain???

I am building a four stroke home grown and considering different drive options (safety is a big concern).

lucas make dedicated slabber which is a 16hp vertical shaft engine heavy duty clutch sorry can't find any info on the clutch. the mill power head that i have is 25hp with a centrifugal clutch and horizontal shaft, from there to hard to explain so i will take some pics for you.I will be using the slabber tomorrow. pic will be up soon after. sorry thats all i can help you with, good luck let us know how you go.:)
ozdog

Clutch

Pics will be coming in the next couple of weeks as I continue to put it together. I am still deliberating on the frame whether to make it light enough to run like an alaskin mill or a frame head with tracks (or both). My goal is to create a system that is flexible and low cost. The bottom shaft 4 stroke is the heart of it being they are plentiful and cheap.

Back