M-tronic Rumour?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artemis

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The mechanic at my local husqvarna dealer said that husqvarna helped develope M-tronic, or at least the technology from Autotune made its way into M-tronic, so Husqvarna gets a cut from every Stihl sold with M-tronic. Is this true? This dealer in particular seems to have prudy close ties with the folks and reps of Husqvarna over in Sweden, but the mechanic does come across as the kind of guy who makes big claims which might be exaggerated. Overall they are very trustworthy businessmen, it's just the mechanic who may be a little proud, which makes me wonder about all his claims. What do you figure?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

This was discussed a few years ago on here. From what I recall since these patents involve clean air the patent holder needs to make them available, not sure how the fee works. It might pertain more to the stratified charge technology that Husqvarna got in the purchase of Red max (I believe) from Komatsu. Husqvarna uses Zama carbs which is owned by Stihl so you could say Stihl gets a cut from husky as well. Makita/Dolmar seems to have found their own methods of getting clean enough running.

Stihl has a fuel injected demo saw, chop saw or whatever the proper term is. A chainsaw like layout so the shoe may be on the other foot in due time.

I had heard it was the layed back 45 degree cylinder design that Husqvarna had patented but I could be wrong.
Those new 462's have that slanted cylinder and they seem to be copying Husqvarna's design for the air injection too. Maybe this will finally solve their chronic air filter clogging issues.

Those new 462's have that slanted cylinder and they seem to be copying Husqvarna's design for the air injection too. Maybe this will finally solve their chronic air filter clogging issues.

Stihl has had air injection on the 241, 261, 362, and 441 for years.

But.....it was copied from Husqvarna.

Sorta like Husqvarna copied strato technology from RedMax.

Stihl has had air injection on the 241, 261, 362, and 441 for years.

But.....it was copied from Husqvarna.

Sorta like Husqvarna copied strato technology from RedMax.
Every Stihl I've ever ran has had garbage filtration. If it works on a few than that's great, but it's still annoying for the ones I run. I'm not trying to discredit stihl on the fantastic product they make, it's just disappointing given their reputation. I've ran 661, 460, 010av, ms250, 011av, 050av, 028, ms180. I use the 661 almost daily at work, they all have garbage filtration.

Every Stihl I've ever ran has had garbage filtration. If it works on a few than that's great, but it's still annoying for the ones I run. I'm not trying to discredit stihl on the fantastic product they make, it's just disappointing given their reputation. I've ran 661, 460, 010av, ms250, 011av, 050av, 028, ms180. I use the 661 almost daily at work, they all have garbage filtration.

And yet, you Stihl use them.:cool:

I own both Stihl and Husky, use them both regularly. The Stihl saws do the heavy work, such as falling, bucking milling, the Huskys do the clean-up , firewood, knot bumping , yard clean-up etc. If I could only own one saw, it would be a modified 350 husky with a 346 cylinder and piston, best lightweight wood saber I own!:cool:

Latest posts

Back