Mac 10-10a

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illmakeufamous

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just picked up a Mac 10-10a today, free and it runs. I have a husqvarna 435and have grew tired of it being slow through larger logs. The Mac is a bigger saw than my husky but in a short google check, parts for the Mac don’t seem easy to find. So is it better for me to get rid of the Mac and husky for a newer saw or are Mac parts more available than I thought? I’m really not interested in “collecting” saws, I have enough hobbies elsewhere. I just want a good solid saw for 3 or so cords a year of firewood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up a Mac 10-10a today, free and it runs. I have a husqvarna 435and have grew tired of it being slow through larger logs. The Mac is a bigger saw than my husky but in a short google check, parts for the Mac don’t seem easy to find. So is it better for me to get rid of the Mac and husky for a newer saw or are Mac parts more available than I thought? I’m really not interested in “collecting” saws, I have enough hobbies elsewhere. I just want a good solid saw for 3 or so cords a year of firewood.

Does it run okay? It will cut wood then. May need some love. Parts can be had if you look. You want something newer? Do that.

The 10-10 does not have any anti-vibe features which some will find objectionable. For 3 cords in a year you should be able to manage with a 10-10. Check out the 10 Series thread in the Stickies section for a lot more information. Virtually every part is available if you will look.

Mark

Do you you like your ability to hear and the fillings in your teeth? The 10-10 is fun for people who have many saws or are masochists, but as a one saw plan there are better options.

Do you you like your ability to hear and the fillings in your teeth? The 10-10 is fun for people who have many saws or are masochists, but as a one saw plan there are better options.

You can just send that MAC my way if it gives you a bad time. I ll have my other MACs give it a stern talking to

The 10-10 is a great saw with plenty of parts availability. Like others have said, it is however dated, loud, and has no antivibe. That being said, I cut between 6 and 12 cords a year with nothing but vintage saws and a 10-10 is my go to. The saws will pull a 20" bar with authority.

My dad bought one new in the 70s. It was his only saw. It has not been used since he passed away in 1999. It's still sitting in his building as far as I know. I think I will ask my mom if I can have it. Reading this post got me thinking about wanting to get it running again.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

My dad bought one new in the 70s. It was his only saw. It has not been used since he passed away in 1999. It's still sitting in his building as far as I know. I think I will ask my mom if I can have it. Reading this post got me thinking about wanting to get it running again.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
One of the two I have was my dads graduation present from his parents in 1970. This one right here actually.

Latest posts

Back