mac pro 10-10 auto gas in exhaust

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i got the carb. put back on and primed into spark plug hole with H and L at 1 turn ran for 2 secs and died ,reprimed and open H to 1 1/2 and it ran good for a bit then rough and would not idle and would not go to WOT ,tried to adjust no luck when i let it die it was smoking out the carb. air filter was off. any thoughts ,ready to put on shelf till summer . really would like to get it running and use. thanks Jim

i also was getting smoke out of the carb. when it stopped,it ran right o te bat with new check valve and no gas in the exhaust and plug was not super wet when i pulled it out. i might put the out metering parts back i will try later this morning to get it started again thanks

Smoke from the carburetor could indicate a timing issue or may just be a little low on compression and some excess charge coming back out past the rings.

Sounds like you need to clean the points and reset the gap (0.018-0.020") and try again. The points are behind the flywheel in case you didn't know where to look.

Mark

well i been monkeying ,took carb. off the ck metering pin and the welsh plug over the new check vale was off it did not fit to tight when i put it on ,i opened it up a bit and tapped it in, put in old metering pin and saw will start and run but will not idle or stay running after a couple minutes. . pulled carb. back off to ck. welsh plug and it was still in only thing left now is to put on old fuel line with new filter. this is nuts as it did run before but did need a carb. kit.

is the chip hard to install and where do i buy the chip ,thanks Jim
I get mine from Amazon or really any online dealer and my local saw shop. I believe that is the Nova 2 brand but Atom or Oregon's work either way.
I remove the flywheel and take the points box out and condenser than use a screw from the points box to secure it in the condenser location (see picture).
Its 2 wires a new one to the switch side of coil, (new wire in picture) and a short ground under the chip itself.

do you think this could be part of the trouble,will get one ordered to give it a try
Well I think that the restart issue and erratic idle sound like an ignition system problem, you've got the carburetor sorted out.
99% of the time the tiny condenser goes bad but they aren't reproducing them.

another question,i have a chip coming ,but is it necessary to remove the points or can i leave them behind the flywheel,or is it best to remove them and the coil. thanks again Jim

Latest posts

Back