Making a depth gauge/raker grinding fixture

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kevin Liked your setup so well I started making mine today,don't have a surface grinder ,but I do have a KO Lee tool grinder I think will work,sure wish had a dresser for the wheel may have to try to make one,enjoyed keeping up with this post.

Attachments

• saw grinder jig 014.JPG
    saw grinder jig 014.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • saw grinder jig 015.JPG
    saw grinder jig 015.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • saw grinder jig 016.JPG
    saw grinder jig 016.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • saw grinder jig 017.JPG
    saw grinder jig 017.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
Hey Kevin Liked your setup so well I started making mine today,don't have a surface grinder ,but I do have a KO Lee tool grinder I think will work,sure wish had a dresser for the wheel may have to try to make one,enjoyed keeping up with this post.

Wish I had a mill at home...Oh the trouble I could get into! :happybanana:

Looks great on what you have done.

Depth gauge shape is important and hard to achieve with a 511 style grinder. Dressing a large wheel to desired profile would work well like the OP has done. What a well made setup, it may seem overkill but if you have the brains and tools.....why not!!
TRAINING and tools......most of this forum,, have it upstairs. but not training,,and very FEW have the machines!!

Made it so it will tilt down so it will grind at a 10 degree angle till I come up with a stone radius dresser

Back