Makita Chainsaws....Crazy about the blue....post your pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most people hear will be open minded on a saw ...and the Makita/dolmar brand is a fav.....I am even liking the echo brand as I have never ran one till a few day ago the 590 t/w seems very nice for the price point ...:) this red version of a Makita/dolmar is one of my fav's for a go to small saw ....

Attachments

• 20171213_134457_resized.jpg
    20171213_134457_resized.jpg
    938.2 KB · Views: 19
I don't want to hijack this cool thread but you are the kind of person I was hoping to hear from.( no offence meant to anyone else) What I mean is,.. in your sig line you have several different brands. I think if you have run different makes of saws and you still like the Dolmar that says something.
My answer wasn't sufficient :lol:.
Here's a video of the 420, but I thought "Sounds reasonable to me" was a good answer:omg:, sorry I didn't communicate fully what I was thinking, I'm normally a little more wordy, but I was dealing with kids :surprised3:.
I think you will enjoy it just fine :yes:.

You don't like my signature line lol. "lots' of stuff made with metal and plastic" it doesn't get much more easy going as far as brands go, just give me a saw with a sharp chain, and lets cut some wood:chainsaw:.
I can't keep doing this, but keeping somewhat on track here's another red version :D.
Ask anyone, I'm a bit partial to huskys, but I don't let that stop me from running or having them all, I like saws:cheers:.
This is my only one without a carb done by poleman/Rich.
IMG_20171202_005605474_LL.jpg

Sounds reasonable to me, but I don't typically buy new, and when I do I don't go to the dealer to get them as I buy them off someone else who never ran them, yes, may sound funny lol.
You could also get a price from @fordf150 as he is a dealer and a sponsor if I'm not mistaking. Search for his number as that's normal the quickest way to reach the guys who are dealers, they are pretty busy. If you need help getting his number hit me up in a PM and I'll get it to you, my name is Brett.
To stay on topic here's a couple more :).
View attachment 618497

Nice that's what I want to see in this thread.

Mine is not a red or blue post,... but you guys may be the ones to ask so here goes.
I stopped in to the local Dolmar dealer today and they have the PS 5105 w/a 16" bar for $369.95 is that a good buy?. I am thinking about purchasing a new saw my newest is a 1984 Partner 5000. This saw is closest in displacement. I don't need a huge saw 50cc - 60 cc is plenty. My main thing is I want a saw that starts well. I have shoulder issues and hate to tug on a saw. I am thinning portions of my woodlot so all sizes of wood but none over 20" most likely. You guys have some nice looking saws and I hope it's ok that I jumped in. Thanks Jeff

I have a Dolmar ps420, a ps5105, and a couple of old jonsered 590's (nearly identical to your partner 5000) among others. My 5105 is brand new (not even a tank of fuel burned), so I really haven't formed a solid opinion on it yet but...it MAY have the power and torque of your 5000, but I couldn't yet say. It DEFINATELY doesn't handle quite as nicely, and it DEFINATELY has less vibes (my jonnys make me tingle these days,which is why I wanted a smoother saw).

The 420 is a better handling saw than the 5105 (to me).

The 420 is a nice, nice little saw IMO and starts so easily it is ridiculous. The 5105 may start as easily once it is fully run in. But not yet for me. It starts well, but not quite like the 420 (newer model is a ps421 and the Makita version is an ea4300 or something like that). Your 5000 is probably like my 590's in that it takes a strong, deliberate pull to overcome that 200lbs compression.

You have had the good fortune of having that old 5000. You know what a good 50cc saw should feel like. I can't comment on your price of the 5105 ( I am from Canada), but 370.00 is probably good. It's a steal compared to some of the Farm/Ranch saws of other brands, since it is a pro saw.

Home Depot sells these after they are done as rentals for $322 and they get sucked up as quick as HD puts them up for sale.

Unless it’s highly classified I would love to know how you get them for $180.
It's no secret. It's advertised online. In store purchase only. I called to confirm if they have it. They do but it needs a repair before it can be sold so I'll find out tomorrow if I can buy it. They said they can't sell them broken. I asked.

:****you::bowdown::lol:
Sorry Yeo never asked lol.
Nice that's what I want to see in this thread.
What's that Jack a pair of this a pair of that ;).
I've had a couple of these for a few years, they were the lightest gas chainsaw money could buy. EPA regs preventedering the US market. Here ya go...View attachment 618526
I thought the little Echo was lighter, it never made it here either :(.
It's no secret. It's advertised online. In store purchase only. I called to confirm if they have it. They do but it needs a repair before it can be sold so I'll find out tomorrow if I can buy it. They said they can't sell them broken. I asked.
Make sure you get a few of their chains, always good to have extras:laugh:.

They post them online here for in store purchase only and they’re $322. :baaa:

Just ordered that last of the 6400’s that Makita Canada had.

Looks like one of the bunch was a full wrap pre-EPA 6400 with the decompression valve on the left side.
Think I’ll keep it , maybe paint it blue .

Attachments

• 24DA0A88-7B0F-4FA0-863F-CE6345563701.jpeg
    24DA0A88-7B0F-4FA0-863F-CE6345563701.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • FED01E1E-2C0E-427C-93F7-452243AF0DC1.jpeg
    FED01E1E-2C0E-427C-93F7-452243AF0DC1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • 8CECC012-EE14-46AF-9A32-C05D034FDDFB.jpeg
    8CECC012-EE14-46AF-9A32-C05D034FDDFB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
I bought this today. I actually thought I had posted this yesterday but I guess it didn't post.
It came with the factory "safety "chain and I told him that was not something I thought I wanted. He gave me a loop of this full chisel Tri-Link? chain and asked me to report back to him how it worked. He said it was pretty new to them that they only had a few customers saws running it but no feed back yet.
So he gave it to me with the understanding that I should run it and fill him in on my opinion of it. The Helmet I paid for,...but the hat ,chain, bar cover and tool kit were included
Everything together with tax was $432.00IMG_1241.JPG IMG_1243.JPG IMG_1245.JPG IMG_1246.JPG IMG_1244.JPG

Back