Makita dcs7901 or Husqvarna 576XPG advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syczek

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi friends,
I need advice: I want to buy saws with a capacity of about 70-80cC to cut the trees down (such as pine, oak, poplar, ash) with a diameter of about 15 to 40 inches. Saw must cut with the guide 24 ', the question: which chainsaw w will be better Makita DCS7901 (or Dolmar PS7900) or Husqvarna 576XPG. Please, advice, tomorrow I'm going to buy a new chain saw:blob2: Of course Makita is cheaper than Husky about 20%

Last edited:
Well the 7900 is lighter and more power and sounds cheaper. The 576 is better on fuel and maybe a tad smoother in the cut. The 576 will balance better with bars longer than 24" if you plan on using them with bigger bars.

Hi friends,
I need advice: I want to buy saws with a capacity of about 70-80cC to cut the trees down (such as pine, oak, poplar, ash) with a diameter of about 15 to 40 inches. Saw must cut with the guide 24 ', the question: which chainsaw w will be better Makita DCS7901 (or Dolmar PS7900) or Husqvarna 576XPG. Please, advice, tomorrow I'm going to buy a new chain saw:blob2: Of course Makita is cheaper than Husky about 20%

Whichever has better dealer support - Sam

I've got both

Hands down the Dolmar PS7900. I really like my 576XP, but for sheer power in that size package the Dolmar has no competitor.

Take Care

If the 372xp wasn't more than enough overkill here, I would have bought a 7900 instead. The only issue was that it wasn't availiable with heated handles, but I guess they are now?

I'm sorry...what was the question?

attachment.php

I am not after trouble here, and have no interest in this "battle" - but somehow my last post disappeared - but now it suddenly is back?????

Last edited:
Both are good saws and either will serve you well, but in that class the Dolmar/Makita has no equal (or even close competition)!
Especially when price is factored into the equation!!!

Mike

You need to pay a pretty penny extra for that air filter set-up, from what I have "heard" (actually read), but there may be ways around that???

Latest posts

Back