Makita dcs7901 or Husqvarna 576XPG advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
syczek

syczek

ArboristSite Lurker
Hi friends,
I need advice: I want to buy saws with a capacity of about 70-80cC to cut the trees down (such as pine, oak, poplar, ash) with a diameter of about 15 to 40 inches. Saw must cut with the guide 24 ', the question: which chainsaw w will be better Makita DCS7901 (or Dolmar PS7900) or Husqvarna 576XPG. Please, advice, tomorrow I'm going to buy a new chain saw:blob2: Of course Makita is cheaper than Husky about 20%

Last edited:
mdavlee

mdavlee

Tree Freak
Well the 7900 is lighter and more power and sounds cheaper. The 576 is better on fuel and maybe a tad smoother in the cut. The 576 will balance better with bars longer than 24" if you plan on using them with bigger bars.

Rounder

Rounder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hi friends,
I need advice: I want to buy saws with a capacity of about 70-80cC to cut the trees down (such as pine, oak, poplar, ash) with a diameter of about 15 to 40 inches. Saw must cut with the guide 24 ', the question: which chainsaw w will be better Makita DCS7901 (or Dolmar PS7900) or Husqvarna 576XPG. Please, advice, tomorrow I'm going to buy a new chain saw:blob2: Of course Makita is cheaper than Husky about 20%

Whichever has better dealer support - Sam

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
I've got both

Hands down the Dolmar PS7900. I really like my 576XP, but for sheer power in that size package the Dolmar has no competitor.

Take Care

If the 372xp wasn't more than enough overkill here, I would have bought a 7900 instead. The only issue was that it wasn't availiable with heated handles, but I guess they are now?

Woodcutteranon

Woodcutteranon

I stack wood on top of wood
. AS Supporting Member.
I'm sorry...what was the question?

attachment.php

Latest posts