Mall 12 A Chainsaw: Information Needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I picked up an old Mall 12 A chainsaw and I am in the process of at least getting it running. I have went to Chainsaw Collectors Corner site and have found information on the 0MG, 1MG, and 2 MG but nothing on the 12A. I would appreciate any information you guys have on this saw such as: year(s) produced, engine size, etc. Thanks in advance for the help

Thanks Dave for the quick response. I picked this up at an estate sale, a 90+ year old gentleman had it, I am sure it has not been run in 30 or 40 years, but he took the fuel line off the bottom of the tank and drained it well so it doesn't look that bad. It still has spark so I think I will see if she will make a sound like it wants to start before I tear it down. I can't believe the chain on this thing! Is there anyway to replace it today? The cutters are pretty thin on mine. Thanks again

Dave, I looked at the link you sent me and that is my chainsaw for sure, but I have a few differences, the plunger on the transmission case, I pressume to oil the chain is not on mine and the side of my transmission case has MALL in large script letters, not smooth cast as shown in the illustration. Could my saw be a newer version of the 12A? I will post some pictures later if I can figure it out.

Dave, I looked at the link you sent me and that is my chainsaw for sure, but I have a few differences, the plunger on the transmission case, I pressume to oil the chain is not on mine and the side of my transmission case has MALL in large script letters, not smooth cast as shown in the illustration. Could my saw be a newer version of the 12A? I will post some pictures later if I can figure it out.

I can't find my pics on the net right now either. As for changes, I expect a few production differences during their life. My saw has no oil plunger either, it oils automatically too. Such an odd beast, what you can find on the CC site is about all the info there is except for original advertising material on ebay. It would be cool to find a service manual for one though!

dave

10-4 on finding a service manual. If I can locate one I will make a copy available to you and I hope you will do the same. Thanks again Dave

Back