Maranuk Equipment in Pa. Anyone bought from them??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and just to clarify something for you guys, while mickeys, maranuk and these other guys sell maybe 60 to 80 trucks a year, we sell over 1000 trucks a year. FAR from out of business lol

just so you know cat did not put the 3126 in trucks till 1999, so that 92 your adding to your fleet has the 3116, HUGE difference,

Actually your right and wrong the 92 is the 3116 my bad .. But the cat was available in 97 because we had a f800 that had one and they were available in top kick as well . Not to be a #### here but I don't want you giving wrong info to one of your 1000's of customers

and just to clarify something for you guys, while mickeys, maranuk and these other guys sell maybe 60 to 80 trucks a year, we sell over 1000 trucks a year. FAR from out of business lol

1000 trucks a year! You must sell most of them without putting them on your website

1000's of trucks a yaer marked up three and four hundred percent, you must be ready for retirement by now Madoff!!!

He tried to tell me he dealt with them directly. When they had trucks to sell they called him.

Its like those versa tech grapples. Only place a dealer can get them is from a auction like JJ Kane. They sell at auction for around $800. These dealers then try to sell them for $1500.00

I know if i ever buy another auction truck, I am gonna go to the auction myself and bid on one myself. Last JJ Kane auction the 75' elevator sent for $38-$40k. Don't know why these dealers get so greasy and think they need to mark them up that much and only paint them and maybe put a new trans or engine in them. Maybe I should start selling equipment. I would fix them up right, paint, and still be able to sell them under everyone else's price.

Trust me, they only put motors or trannys in them if they either arent running, or arent shifting. And since they are selling used commercial equipment they usually dont have to warranty anything.

I bought a 2000 INT FP ALC 50/55 with 50K on the clock, and a fully updated boom directly off of Lewis two years ago for 16K.. That exact truck would be for sale at Tri State for 50K, and it needed absolutely NOTHING to turn it around and sell. M question is, why the need to be greedy? Even a 10K profit on that truck is excessive IMHO, but a 34 thousand dollar mark up?????

Do you think the dealer did it or the owner before the dealer? Hows that JB weld holding up?

The Dealer admitted seeing it he did not say if he did it or got it that way I made him take the junk back it also had a bad rotation bearing which is about a 9 grand repair. As far as holding up I did not want to find out the vibrations from a diesel and the twisting from the torque would have made it crack more and more! I had to pay this crook 5 grand to take it back!!!!! Otherwise I would need another motor and a rotation bearing that almost is the value of the truck!

The Dealer admitted seeing it he did not say if he did it or got it that way I made him take the junk back it also had a bad rotation bearing which is about a 9 grand repair. As far as holding up I did not want to find out the vibrations from a diesel and the twisting from the torque would have made it crack more and more! I had to pay this crook 5 grand to take it back!!!!! Otherwise I would need another motor and a rotation bearing that almost is the value of the truck!

Like I said before. They only replace the motor if it is physically not running.... I would like to say your experience is "unbelievable" but I know that it is so I wont....

Now I don't want a used truck anymore after all that crap. May get a new 55 or 60 High Ranger Forestry unit.

Just dont buy them from a dealer!! A few of the guys around here know that I am able to buy some really nice trucks on the cheap by doing the legwork myself. The one I just bought I paid 14300 for. I know for a fact that it would be close to a thirty K truck at the above dealer in question. Same with the 00 int, same with the 97 int rearmount, same with the 97 x aspluhnd, You just have to know where to look, and know what youre looking at, you can easily save 100% if not more over the dealers.

This statement about Joe is very correct!! Beware, i just purchased a bucket truck and i paid top dollar for a truck that only made it 5 miles off of the lot. Joe then refused to help us get it fixed after I paid the expense of flying two guys out from Colorado to drive it back. My guys are now stuck somewhere in PA with no way to get the truck fixed! Worst buying experience ever. Joe made numerous claims to make the sale and then did nothing to back it up in the end. Buyers beware!!!

I was just down visit Joe this morning. I am in the market for an f450/550. I seen his bad reviews but decided to give him a chance to redeem himself. I went down there with an open mind thinking maybe this guy isn't as bad as people make him out to be. When I got there he came pulling up in his pearl colored Cadillac Escalade and greeted me in his purple t-shirt with a peace sign on it. We went to look at the trucks. He proceeded to tell me that he sells a 1000 trucks a year and that most people don't even look at them they just buy. I said well i'm a small business and that if i'm gonna spend 18k to 20k on a used truck that i'm going to check it out. I said i'm probably going to bring my mechanic back down to look at them before I make a decision. Well Joe didn't like that,he told me if that's the case then he wouldn't sell me a truck and feels insulted by that. He told me he has 6 full time mechanics that work on these trucks. I said OK see ya later then, i'll make sure I talk about my experience with you on arboristsite.

I was just down visit Joe this morning. I am in the market for an f450/550. I seen his bad reviews but decided to give him a chance to redeem himself. I went down there with an open mind thinking maybe this guy isn't as bad as people make him out to be. When I got there he came pulling up in his pearl colored Cadillac Escalade and greeted me in his purple t-shirt with a peace sign on it. We went to look at the trucks. He proceeded to tell me that he sells a 1000 trucks a year and that most people don't even look at them they just buy. I said well i'm a small business and that if i'm gonna spend 18k to 20k on a used truck that i'm going to check it out. I said i'm probably going to bring my mechanic back down to look at them before I make a decision. Well Joe didn't like that,he told me if that's the case then he wouldn't sell me a truck and feels insulted by that. He told me he has 6 full time mechanics that work on these trucks. I said OK see ya later then, i'll make sure I talk about my experience with you on arboristsite.

There are plenty late model 450/550 7.3s out there I found a 97 same color white/black less then 90k miles under 12 k in less then 3 months check Craigslist daily ebay as often and you'll have luck , if ya don't I will help ya by keeping my eyes and ears open , just PM me what exactly you want if I see it I will PM ya a #

He needs to learn some customer etiquette too, he is very sharp(not as intelligent) and has a bad attitude. I can't see how you can run a business and not be honest with you customers. Ya know if the guy would just fix what needs to fixed on these trucks and sell them for a reasonable price he'd never have to advertise. He'd save alot of money and have a good quality business. Customers would be looking for him instead of him looking for them. Just trying to help the guy out, maybe he could learn a few things.

I am thinking of going into the truck selling business myself, I think I could find a niche in the market.

Last edited:
There are plenty late model 450/550 7.3s out there I found a 97 same color white/black less then 90k miles under 12 k in less then 3 months check Craigslist daily ebay as often and you'll have luck , if ya don't I will help ya by keeping my eyes and ears open , just PM me what exactly you want if I see it I will PM ya a #

Yeah i'm looking at a late 90's to 02 model with the 7.3 in it. I am constantly searching for them so if something comes up I will know. I found one in Conn. it's a 99 with 88k on it, 12' landscape dump one owner. It need rear tires and a windshield but other than that it looks well taken care of. The owner has a farm in Paradise, Pa and is willing to drive it down here or at least part way.

He needs to learn some customer etiquette too, he is very sharp(not as intelligent) and has a bad attitude. I can't see how you can run a business and not be honest with you customers. Ya know if the guy would just fix what needs to fixed on these trucks and sell them for a reasonable price he'd never have to advertise. He'd save alot of money and have a good quality business. Customers would be looking for him instead of him looking for them. Just trying to help the guy out, maybe he could learn a few things.

I am thinking of going into the truck selling business myself, I think I could find a niche in the market.

I gave him a chance myself despite what Jared had said , I called asked about a white 99 350 4x4 with a stake dump with removable tops , well it was on his website so I thought they were actual to date pics , he's real pushy says no I don't have anything that size but I got a 650 for some retarded price and he says if ya want it come get it today it won't be here for any more them week , thought right then he's full of #### :laugh:

well to keep this thread going i guess ill fire back

i do appreciate the customer feedback , but if you think my prices are so high then don't buy any of my trucks. its a real simple concept , YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR !, and for NCTREE, you are a witness to my operation. you seen about five million in inventory. and yes i am not open to wasting a saturday to show you a truck, just so you can waste my time and bring a mechanic back next Saturday. then leave again and make your mind up if you want to buy a truck. if you showed up with cash or check and another driver to take your car home you would of got treated alot diferently, insted you show up to look at a truck with your 2 dogs. i knew it was a waste of time from the second i pulled into my shop. i just dont have time to waste on tire kickers. i enjoy my business. i have a reputation for having the highest quality equipment in the industry. we are certified to rebuild any make booms, we have a full blown on site fabrication facility. so for you guys who sit on here and **** chat keep it up. your only making my business more famous

i do appreciate the customer feedback , but if you think my prices are so high then don't buy any of my trucks. its a real simple concept , YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR !, and for NCTREE, you are a witness to my operation. you seen about five million in inventory. and yes i am not open to wasting a saturday to show you a truck, just so you can waste my time and bring a mechanic back next Saturday. then leave again and make your mind up if you want to buy a truck. if you showed up with cash or check and another driver to take your car home you would of got treated alot diferently, insted you show up to look at a truck with your 2 dogs. i knew it was a waste of time from the second i pulled into my shop. i just dont have time to waste on tire kickers. i enjoy my business. i have a reputation for having the highest quality equipment in the industry. we are certified to rebuild any make booms, we have a full blown on site fabrication facility. so for you guys who sit on here and **** chat keep it up. your only making my business more famous

"you're"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::dizzy: What the hell are you talking about! You think I enjoy spending my time looking at trucks for the hell of it. I came down there with hopes and expectations and you just blew me off. If you were a real salesman and didn't have anything to hide you'd of did what it takes to make a sale including letting me have a mechanic check out the truck I wanted to buy. You think I or anyone in there right mind is going to buy a truck without doing research then your an #######. I don't care about your cert this cert that bs. I've been taking before by no good saleman #######s and it's not going to happen again. I'm just being a smart responsible consumer. Bottom line is you want to make a sale or not. That 5 million in junk you have sitting there has probably been sitting there forever that's why you need to advertise your bs at the top of each thread on AS cause your losing money. I'm sure this thread is making you famous alright. LOL!

Latest posts

Back